THIRTY-TWO (EDITED)

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO: Deeper Bond

THE NEXT MORNING, THOMAS AND TABITHA SAY IN THE SHELBY LIVING ROOM

They called John, Arthur, and Polly to meet them there. Thomas had news on the distillery and the exports, but him and Tabitha also decided to tell good aside from that. They were telling to family that they were trying to have a baby. Tabitha was excited but made sure to calm herself as she say in the chair right next to the fireplace. Thomas stood up beside, a fresh cigarette in one hand while the other was on his wife's shoulder.

John was the first to walk in, then Polly, and then Arthur. All three of them had concerned expressions as Tabitha set her newspaper down on the table.

"You two alright?" Polly asked, running her hands from the cold outside.

Thomas cleared his throat and poured three glasses of whiskey to John, Arthur, and Polly. Tabitha wasn't given one in case she was already pregnant, because the couple both agreed that she shouldn't smoke and drink for the baby's health.

"How come you're not having a glass, Tabby?" John asked curiously.

"I don't want one right now," Tabitha answered. "Still waking up a bit."

"What is it? Just us?" Arthur asked Thomas.

"Just us," Thomas answered.

"Are we celebrating?" Polly asked.

"Just taste this."

Thomas handed the three glasses to Arthur, John, and Polly, and returned to Tabitha's side. His hand returned to her shoulder.

"What do you think, Arthur?" Thomas asked.

"Yeah, it's good," Arthur said. "Good stuff, really nice. Too good for the Garrison. I suppose we could shift it to the riffs at the Eden club. Why what is it?"

"That is part of an export drive. We now have our own secure warehouse in Camden Town and secure passage to the Poplar docks. So on Monday morning, we'll be sending out our first export crate. A crater of Riley car spares bound for Halifax, Nova Scotia."

"Where there's Prohibition?" Polly questioned.

"Where there is Prohibition. All over Canada and America, people are making their own booze, in bath tubs."

Tabitha scrunched her nose at the thought, how disgusting that must've been.

"But rich people in New York, in Toronto and Boston are still paying a lot of money for the real stuff. So on Monday, the first Shelby Company crate will contain 1000 Riley carburetors but hidden in the packaging will be 500 bottles of the finest quality single malt Scotch whiskey. We Shelbys have a licensed granted by the minister of the Empire himself, which means our crates will not be searched. And Polly. All of the whiskey will be packed at the docks, so Michael can do books without being involved. Like I've been telling you for years now. Motor cars are the future."