Chapter 2: Ice Breaker (and Karaoke)

Joel's POV

Today is day one of Boarding School orientation. I heard from the councillors that it is going to be fun... Well, I hope they are right, cause I couldn't go to a motor show because of this.

Oli and I go through the name list to find our names. Oli is in group 3, and I am in group 4. I casually stroll to where my group is. Oh god, the girl is here, but I don't think she has seen me yet. I stealthily sit down, as far away from her as possible.

Soon, the orientation starts, and we are asked to introduce ourselves to each other.

Group Leader: Hi everyone, my name is Scott, I'm your group leader for this orientation. So, we're going to introduce ourselves, our favorite color and favorite song. 

Joel: Hi guys, I am Joel. I like green, any my favorite song is Misery Business by Paramore. (I know this isn't his fave song but I know Lizzie likes Paramore so it's easier to write.)

Groupmate 1: Hi guys, I am Callum, my favorite color is orange, and I don't have any favorite songs... loll.

People continue to introduce themselves, but I do not pay much attention to them. Until...

Lizzie: What's up guys, Lizzie here. My favorite color is pink, and my fave song is Lions! by Lights.

Ooh, what a pretty name! I kinda like that song too. I think I should talk to her when I can.

Lizzie's POV

It's orientation day one! I keep thinking about how fun the next 3 days will be as I leave my room. Scarlet has somehow already left half an hour ago, I don't know why though, I think she's so weird..

I check my name, and sit down where my group is supposed to be. I scroll through Twitter as I wait for my groupmates' arrival.

After awhile, I see that boy coming towards my direction. Is he in the same group as me? I peek at him for a moment, pretending not to notice him. I see him sitting as far away from me as possible. Is he shy? 

Its time for ice breakers! That boy is the first one to introduce himself after our group leader, Scott.

That boy: Hi guys, I am Joel. I like green, any my favorite song is Misery Business by Paramore.

Joel... Hmm... I like that name, it's cute. And dang, I LOVE Paramore, I have lots of Paramore posters in my room! Misery Business is my favorite Paramore song too!

I never pay attention to other people introducing themselves. Then it is my turn...

Lizzie: What's up guys, Lizzie here. My favorite color is pink, and my fave song is Lions! by Lights.

I see Joel deep in thought.. Is he thinking about me?

Presenter: It looks like you're all done with the ice breakers. Now, we will have a small karaoke session for you guys. Here, we have a bowl, full of song titles. I will pick a song from the bowl now.

The presenter dips his hand into the bowl, and pulls out a piece of paper.

Presenter: The first karaoke song is..... MISERY BUSINESS BY PARAMORE!!

Immediately, I see Joel jumping up and down in excitement, and I find his actions relatively amusing  to watch. I approach him, and ask him if he wants to sing with me.

Lizzie: Hi, you're Joel, right?

Joel: Oh hi, Lizzie. Yep, Joel is my name.

Lizzie: I know this is your favorite song, and it's one of my favorites too. So... you wanna sing together?

Joel: Sure thing!

We start hearing the mariachi intro to the song, and soon the guitar jam. I pretend I was playing guitar, and he pretends to play the drum set. We sing our hearts out when the first verse comes up. We also try to headbang when singing the chorus. Singing Misery Business is so much fun! And oh my, it's such a great song!

Joel's POV

Singing with Lizzie is so much fun! She has such a beautiful voice, I wish I could hear it everyday...

Presenter: Misery Business is such a great song! Now for the second karaoke song, which is.... LIONS! BY LIGHTS!!

Joel: It's your favorite song Lizzie!

Lizzie: YASS!!

Lizzie and I casually dance to the music beats, and scream the lyrics out. We laugh out loud as we do so. Man, singing together with Lizzie sure is fun!

Lizzie: You like this song too? Cause you were screaming the lyrics out.

Joel: Um yea, it's one of my favorites too! hehe...

Lizzie and I continue to participate in the different orientation activities (together with the whole group of course). The first day is pretty fun, but I look forward to tomorrow, when we will have 'The Amazing Race'. It's the most intense activity of the whole orientation, and it's surely going to be fun!

Okayy, this is it for this chapter. I enjoyed writing this alot, and I hope you enjoyed reading it too. Cya soon! ;D