Chapter 15: Project

Joel's POV: 

Ughh... Since the incident with Lizzie that day, I have never seen her again. Is she constantly avoiding me? Well, I do miss her, and it's alot.. I try to text her, and call her, but she ain't messaging back, not picking up my calls.

Anyways, I decide to move on. Maybe I'll meet Lizzie again some day and tell her how I feel.. In school, I join a club called the 'Engineering Club'. I don't quite like engineering, but I think it's mainly because I have never tried it before. Who knows? Maybe I'll love it after I try it!

My first 'Engineering Club' experience is quite decent actually, the more experienced members teach me some basic knowledge about engineering, and what to expect in the future. As I listen more and more, my interest in engineering grows. 

The next day, I am told to work on a 'project', together with the other members. They say I joined at the right time, and they have just enough people to enter the competition now. 

Aaaaannnnnddd apparently, we are supposed to build a go kart from scratch, but not just any go kart, a SOPHISTICATED one... 

Joel: Uhh, what does SOPHISTICATED mean exactly?

Joseph (just a name for the person he is talking to): It means the go kart has to be equipped with as much parts as possible so it drives and handles like a real car. So basically you need suspension, differential, power steering, you name it. (btw Joseph is the leader of the club)

Joel: Okayy Joseph...

Great!! I haven't learned much stuff and they're telling me to build a sophisticated go kart?!?! But at least they assure me that they'll give me the easier tasks, because I'm still quite a newbie at this. 

For the next few days, I see the chassis of the go kart come together, slowly... The other members have been working tirelessly on this masterpiece! Everytime I see the go kart, I always have a sense of accomplishment. I want it to be finished, and I want to be a part of it..

One day, Joseph approach me, and tell me to do something..

Joseph: Hi Joel, liking the project so far?

Joel: It's coming together really really nicely, I love it!

Joseph: Here's the thing that go kart would look and perform so much better if we give it a shell.

Joel: Yea it would look like a real car then..

Joseph: Yes, and I wanna ask you to design the shell. 

Joel: Really? But how?

Joseph: You see here, this go kart has a mid-engine layout. You can take references from various mid-engine cars like the Audi R8, Lamborghini Miura, Ferrari LaFerrari, Ford GT40 et cetera. You just need to draw a sketch of your design first, then we'll see what we can do with it. 

Joel: Okayy Joseph. I'll get right to it.

We wave goodbye, and he smiles as I leave the room.

Then, I rushed out of the workshop back to Boarding School. I immediately turn on my laptop and start searching for pictures of the car models Joseph mentioned in the workshop.

Whoa!! Those cars look amazing!! Inevitably, I look deeper, to find out more about these cars, how they work, and their histories. 

In the end, I learn alot about different cars, and I totally LOVE cars!! I grab a pen and paper in excitement, and start sketching a design for the go kart shell.

And this is what I got:

I'm so happy with this design, and I submit it to Joseph the next time I meet him

I'm so happy with this design, and I submit it to Joseph the next time I meet him. He seems pleased with my sketch. 

I'm proud of myself.

Hi everyone, I figured I wanna put another interest of mine into this story. (Cars yayy) I don't think Joel really likes cars but I'll put it in for the sake of the story (and myself).

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed reading so far, and I will see you in the next part

Byebyee <3