Chapter 21: Annual Dinner

Joel's POV: 

Man, time passes so fast!! Tonight is gonna be the Boarding School Annual Dinner, and I'm gonna perform on stage. I'm kinda excited to be honest, but also quite nervous. I don't know if I'm gonna mess up, if I do it's gonna be soooo embarrassing though...

I stare at myself through the mirror. I think I look pretty good, I just need to fix my collars a little bit, and comb my hair to my left, make me look more fancy!!

It's 6.20 pm. The Annual Dinner is gonna start in 10 minutes. I quickly go down to the function hall, where there are many people walking around, chatting away. The function hall is decorated relatively nicely, with curtains hanging off the ceiling, and colorful lights everywhere. I see Lizzie waving at me. I approach her, and sit down beside her. 

Lizzie: Hi Small Beans.

Joel: Hi LDShadowLady, you look fantastic today! This dress suits you alot!!

Lizzie: Thanks Joel, you look good too. I like your hair, it looks professional haha!!

Joel: Well thanks.

We hug each other, and wait patiently for the Annual Dinner to start, though it's only a 5 minute wait..

Host: WELCOME EVERYONE TO THE ANNUAL DINNER!! I'M YOUR HOST FOR TODAY, AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADO LET'S WELCOME OUR FIRST PERFORMANCE!! GIVE A ROUND OF APPLAUSE EVERYONE!!

A group of girls go on stage, and stand in a formation, then they start to move around when a tune starts playing. They're dancing of course!

Lizzie's POV:

Ooo.. I recognize the song. It's Pop/Star by K/DA! Wah, I assume they are League of Legends players hahah!!

Joel and I listen to the music, while we are being served are first dish of the day. I have no idea what it's called but I know 2 things - it's Chinese and there's fish. Oh yea, and it tastes AMAZING too!! 

After a few dishes and a few shows, I suddenly realize Joel isn't beside me anymore. I wonder where he's been..

Joel's POV:

Host: ALRIGHT, NEXT PERFORMANCE, WE HAVE DREAMING ALONE AND WHAT I'VE DONE!

Alright, this is it. I'm about to go on stage. I'm really nervous, but thankfully Oli and Callum are with me. I didn't tell Lizzie I'm performing. I want this to be a surprise for her. 

I sit down behind the drums, and I start hitting a few beats to familiarize myself with the setup. Oli and Callum are doing the same thing too. We do it in unison, trying to make it sound cool.

Then, Callum starts the first song with an entry guitar riff. I don't start playing until the eighth bar into the song. In the distance, I see Lizzie staring at us, clearly surprised, in a good way though. I think she sees me looking at her too, cause she gives me a thumbs up as I do so.

Lizzie's POV:

Suddenly, I see Joel on stage. He walks towards the drum set and sits down. OMG HE CAN PLAY THE DRUMS !!! OMG I THINK IM FREAKING OUT AAAHHHHH!!! Okay Lizzie pull yourself together this is a large event don't you dare embarrass yourself in front of everyone. 

I see Joel looking at me, and I give him thumbs up, as a sign of support. Then, he starts to hit the drums. The way he does it is just so cool, it's like he's born for this. 

For some reason I don't recognize the song their playing until they're playing halfway. I guess I'm just not paying attention to the song loll. I'm just so attracted to Joel on the drums...

After some time, they finish playing the first song Dreaming Alone by Against the Current. I stand up, and clap as loud as I can. Partly because I like the performance a lot, mainly because of Joel of course!

Then, they start to play another song. It's quite popular, and everyone starts singing it. I recognize it too, it's What I've Done by Linkin Park! Such a modern classic!!

Joel's POV:

Whoooo!! We're done performing!! And we didn't screw up!! It actually feels good on stage, like I'm the center of the universe, everything and everyone around me, quite literally. We exit the stage, and the next group of performers go on stage.

I return to my seat, and I see Lizzie waving at me like crazy.

Lizzie: OMG JOEL YOU ARE SO GOOD AT DRUMS!!

Joel: Uh thanks Lizzie, no need to get so excited haha.

Lizzie: Okayy I'll come down now. 

We look at each other. I can clearly see Lizzie trying very hard not to laugh, it's so funny though. I burst out laughing, and then she does too. 

We hug each other tightly.. Dang this feels so good!

Host: HELLO EVERYONE I HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOURSELVES TONIGHT, NOW BEFORE WE END THIS YEAR END DINNER WE'LL BE HAVING A DANCE SESSION!! GET UP EVERYONE, IT'S GONNA GET EXCITING!!

I look at Lizzie, and we help each other stand up. As the music starts playing, we start to move with it. 

Joel: Wow nice music choice...

Lizzie: Not as nice as you hehe..

Joel: Wow Lizzie okayy haha.

Lizzie: I can't believe it's almost been a year since we first arrived here. School ends in two weeks!

Joel: Yea I can't believe it too. I remember everything that happened that day very clearly.

Lizzie: Then what did you remember most clearly?

Joel: The first moment I saw you...

Lizzie: Aww Joel...

Lizzie starts blushing, I think she's thinking about the moment we first met too. 

Ahhhh, memories!!

Hi readers, I kinda wanna point out that if ur wondering how I get my ideas, most of my ideas came from my personal experience. Like the Annual Dinner is actually a real event, but of course it's not called the Annual Dinner... and I also live in a Boarding School... So yea now you know... anyways, cya in a few days when I manage to write a chapter again.

byebyee <3