Chapter 6: CHRISTY

Hi everyone! I'm done with my homework and I can continue writing. YAYY!!

Joel's POV:

I put down my phone after saying bye to Lizzie, and we continue to practise our song.

Midnight, gettin' uptight Where are you?
You said you'd meet me, now it's quarter to two
I know I'm hangin' but I'm still wantin' you
Hey, Jack, It's a fact they're talkin' in town
I turn my back and you're messin' around
I'm not really jealous, don't like lookin' like a clown
I think of you every night and day
You took my heart, then you took my pride away
I hate myself for loving you
Can't break free from the the things that you do
I want to walk but I run back to you, that's why
I hate myself for loving you
Daylight, spent the night without you
But I've been dreamin' 'bout the lovin' you do
I won't be as angry 'bout the hell you put me through
Hey, man, bet you can treat me right
You just don't know what you was missin' last night
I want to see your face and say forget it just from spite
I hate myself for loving you
Can't break free from the the things that you do
I want to walk but I run back to you, that's why
I hate myself for loving you
Can't break free from the things that you do
I want to walk but I run back to you, that's why
I hate myself for loving you
I think of you every night and day
You took my heart, then you took my pride away
I hate myself for loving you
Can't break free from the the things that you do
I want to walk but I run back to you, that's why
I hate myself for loving you

*Time skip to dinner...

We finish practising the song, and we go to the dining hall to have dinner. And of course, we sit together, Christy on my left, and Callum on my right.

Christy: Tonight's performance will be AMAZING!! I just know it!

Callum: Yea everyone's gonna LOVE IT!! haha!

Joel: I just hope we don't mess up..

We eat together, and we scroll through our phones after that. As I stare into my phone, at the corner of my eye, I catch a glimpse of Christy looking at me, smiling. Hmm.. does she like me too? Ah nevermind, it's not like she'll do anything.

Councillor: Alrighty, everyone gather here! It's time for the performances! We'll start off with Group 1, c'mon!

Lizzie's POV:

Oh nice, dinner's ready! And OMG it's Chinese food! I haven't had Chinese food in such a long time!!

Lizzie: Thanks so much!

Staff: No problem, glad you like it.

I grab a piece of chicken, mix it in the rice, and put it in my mouth... Mmmmmm, so juicy OMG I can eat this all day haha!

After I am done I place my plate into the dishwasher. I ask the staff if I can leave now.

Lizzie: Hello? Can I go down now and find my friend now?

Staff: Sure thing Lizzie. See you soon!

Lizzie: Bye!!

I quickly walk down to the function hall, where Joel is going to perform. As I walk in, I notice Group 2 performing 'Sugar, We're Going Down' by Fall Out Boy. Good choice man, good choice!

As I walk further into the hall, I see Joel, together with Callum, and a girl, who must be Christy. They seem to be having a good time together.

Joel turns around, and he sees me. He immediately runs to me.

Joel: Hey LD.. I mean Lizzie.. glad you came.

Lizzie: Hi Joel, good to see you! But what did you just call me?

Joel: LDShadowLady...

Lizzie: Oooo, I like that name.

Joel: Aww, thanks, it's your name I put on my phone..

Lizzie: That's so cute, Joel! You know I named you 'Small Beans' on my phone haha..

Joel: Hmm, it's a cool name... Why tho?

Lizzie: Since your Twitter is 'Joel Beans' and I think you're small and cute.

Joel: Thanks Lizzie!

We sit down, and we watch the other groups' performances. All of a sudden, Joel hugs me tightly. I feel so cozy! I look at him, and he smiles. I blush, and I hug him back, tighter. I wish we can stay like this forever..

Joel's POV:

Dang, it feels so good to hug Lizzie, so warm and cozy! I really want to ask her to be my girlfriend, but what if she says no? Fine! I'll ask her now!

Joel: Lizzie...

Lizzie: Yea Joel?

Joel: I just wanna ask.. will you b...

Councillor: Now it's time for Group 4 to perform! Round of applause please!

Joel: Nevermind, I'll go now, bye Lizzie!

Lizzie: Okayy, good luck Joel!

Joel: Thanks Lizzie!

I turn to my Callum and Christy, and we appear on stage. I sit down behind the drum set and play a few beats, then the song starts. The crowd cheers continuously as we play through the song. I feel very accomplished. I kinda wanna perform again in the future.

We finish playing the last beats of the song, and we stand forward. We bow to everyone, then we jump off the stage one by one.

However, before I jump, Christy pull me back on stage. She holds me tightly, and kisses me on the lips in front of everyone. Everyone cheers for us. I try to push her away, but the way she holds me makes me unable to do so. The kiss lasts for approximately ten seconds before she finally lets me go.

Christy: As you saw here, I'm in love with Joel. I'm sure he loves me too, right Joel?

Joel: Uh...

I am speechless, I have no idea what just happened.

Christy: I'll take that as a yes. Anyways, bye bye!

We jump down the stage, and I turn to Christy..

Joel: CHRISTY! WHAT WAS THAT?!?!?

Christy: Y'know, you agreed to be my boyfriend.

Joel: WHEN DID I EVER AGREE?!?!

Christy: Just now, on stage.

Joel: I NEVER AGREED, CHRISTY!!

Christy: Too late, it's over. HAHAHA!!

At the corner of my eye, I see Lizzie run out of the function hall. I try to follow her, but she runs straight to her room (Joel doesn't have the access card). 

I sigh, and I return to the function hall.

Lizzie's POV:

WHAT IN THE WORLD JUST HAPPENED?!?! JOEL KISSED THAT CHRISTY GIRL!?!? I am so confused!! I can't pull myself together! I'm furious!! If Joel has a girlfriend, why did he pretend to be so close to me?!?! 

I run away from the function hall, straight to my room. I know there's someone following me, but I don't care, since he won't be able to get to my room!

I enter my room and slam the door behind me. I realize Scarlet is not here, so I'm alone. I lie on my bed and start crying. I close my eyes and the next thing I see is bright yellow sunlight.

Dang this chapter is quite a long one! I hope you enjoyed reading this and cya in the next chapter!

byebye <3