Chapter 30: Return (and The Surprise)

Lizzie's POV:

It's the last day here in Finland. Joel and I are packing up our things, and we'll be leaving early in the morning tomorrow.

Joel: I'm done!

Lizzie: Me too! And it's only 8pm!

Joel: So what do you wanna do before sleep?

Lizzie: We could sleep early.. Or we could uhh play Minecraft!

Joel: Sure Lizzie.

I make my way to the table, where Joel and I put our phones. I hand Joel his and take mine. We start Minecraft and join our multiplayer world.

Joel: Okayy Lizzie I got a surprise for you here.

Lizzie: Wow what is it?

Joel: It's not a surprise anymore if I tell you Lizzie.

Lizzie: Hahah true!

I spawn in our base, and after awhile Joel enters too. He signals me to follow him, and so I do as he tells me to.

Lizzie: This better be a good surprise Joel.

Joel: Trust me you are going to adore this!

He leads me to a hill, and tells me to turn around. Then he guides me around the hill, trying not to let me have a glimpse of the surprise.

Joel: We're here Lizzie! Turn around.

I turn around 180 degrees, and oh my god it's beautiful! It's like an oriental Chinese style bamboo garden! But wait a minute, what's those black and white patches over there?

I step into the garden, and observe closely... IT'S A PANDA?!?! 

Lizzie: Joel how did you find so many pandas?

Joel: I just found some roaming around in the jungle. Do you like them?

Lizzie: Um.. no.

Joel: Oh...

Lizzie: I LOVE THEM!!

Joel: Yayy Lizzie I knew you were going to love these things!

Joel shows me around the panda sanctuary, and I discover the three original pandas eating some bamboo there.

Lizzie: Joel what are these names? Jia Panpan, Bei Bei and Bao Bao?

Joel: They are famous pandas in real life!

Lizzie: The names are hilarious tho.

Joel: They're Chinese that's why.

Lizzie: Yea I know haha..

I continue to walk around and I see a cute baby panda rolling around like crazy.

Lizzie: Omigosh this one is adorable! Look at him rolling like that!

Joel: Yea this one's a special one he just rolls all over the place.

Lizzie: Oooo there's this weak panda too! He looks like he's sick, and it's so cute!

Joel: There's also this brown panda, which is my fave one of them all.

Lizzie: You're right that one is the most kawaii I want to see it in real life!

Joel: So that's about it for your surprise.

Lizzie: It's amazing Joel. Thank you so much!

Now that we're done with my surprise, we make our way to our base, where we are about to expand even more!

Joel's POV:

*TIme skip to next morning

I wake up, to a beautiful snowy sunrise. It's officially the last day we're here in Finland, our flight back to England is in 4 hours!

Since Lizzie is still asleep, I wanna give her breakfast in bed. I head to the cafe, and order some pancake and scrambled eggs to bring back to the room. 

When I'm done I return to the room, where a sleepy Lizzie's waking up. I smile as I watch her force herself up, she's just cute, that's all.

Joel: Morning Lizzie.

Lizzie: Oh hi Joel.

Joel: What do you smell?

Lizzie: Is it pancake?

Joel: Correct Lizzie! Here's your breakfast in bed.

Lizzie: Mhmmm looks delicious! Thanks Joel.

She leans in to hug me before she sinks her teeth into the pancake. She gives me a thumbs up sign, signaling the pancake's tasty. I smile in return.

When we're done with breakfast, we prepare ourselves, and check one last time if we left anything in the room. Then, it's time to check out and board the bus to the airport.

We arrive at the bus stop, and we reunite with mom and dad. 

Mom: Aww c'mere my little Joel and sweet Lizzie!

Joel: Hi mum hi dad!

Dad: So later we'll be returning already. You ready kiddos?

Lizzie: Yea we're ready! Though I'll miss this place..

Dad: It's ok there's always next time.

Soon, the bus arrives, and we board it. Lizzie and I sit together, and we take videos of the scenery outside. Finland is such a beautiful country!

When we arrive at the airport, just like when we came here, we check into our flight, and we proceed to wait for our plane. 

Hi readers,

so this is the last part of Joel and Lizzie's Finland trip. Next chapter I'll write about what they'll do back in England.. well you might know already if you paid attention to the things that happened before Finland :p

Also, they will not return to Boarding School yet, the holidays are long, and they'll stay at home for now :)

Nooo today's the last day of school at home.. next week I gotta go to school :(

anyways i hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I'll see you in the next one

byebyee <3