Chapter 19: Changing Back

Lizzie's POV:

It's been awhile since that I became best friends with the one and only YAMMY!!! We've been hanging out together alot lately, and sometimes we invite Scarlet and the gang to hang out with us. Life's good!!

Yammy: Lizzie!!! Are you ready yet?? We need to go in five minutes!!

Lizzie: Okayy, I'll come in less than 30 seconds!! I promise!!

Just so you know, I'm going on another shopping trip with Yammy, not that we're out of supplies or anything, we just wanna hang out in the mall, and probably looking for some fancy clothes to buy. Friendship goals hahah!!!

Yammy and I casually walk down the stairs, despite the presence of a lift. We don't like to take the lift down, we feel like it's irresponsible to do so, jamming the already slow lift, making it EVEN SLOWER!!

We now walk to the bus stop, where we see a bus labelled '743' (I just randomly smacked my keyboard, 743 is definitely just a random number haha). We board the bus and sit together, chatting non-stop about what we could possible see and buy in the mall later on. We also exchange our phones and read our social media accounts. Why? We're weird okayy!

After some time, the bus halt to a stop directly in front of the mall's entrance. We pay for our ride and exit the bus, straight into the mall, where we see tons and tons of clothes. We squeal in excitement, and we enter our first store, to see what we can buy.

We buy many clothes from the numerous clothes stores that we entered. Dang, I think my wardrobe is gonna be full again, and I will have to keep some of my dull clothes aside for now. Anyways, my favorite clothing I bought is a white sweater with a kawaii cat face printed on it. The cat's blue eyes are adorable, and I'm surely gonna wear this very often in the future! (Well, in case you didn't know already, it's the sweater Lizzie wore in her current Youtube profile picture. :D)

Other than clothes, we also buy some tech gadgets. Oh yea, did you know? Yammy also plays Minecraft! We have been playing together VERY VERY frequently. So, we buy the gadgets, hopefully to help us improve our gaming skills.. My favorite tech gadget that I bought is a wireless gaming mouse with colorful lights on it. IT LOOKS SOOOOO COOOOOLLL!! Especially in the dark, when it is most lit up.

Lizzie: Hey Yammy.

Yammy: Yea Lizzie?

Lizzie: You wanna sit down and rest for awhile?

Yammy: Sure! 

We find a bench, place all our stuff on it, and sit down. Then, Yammy gets up, and says she is going to the toilet for a sec. Great! I'll have to sit here all alone, guarding all these things that we bought.

To pass time, I decide to scroll through my pictures on my phone, starting from the oldest of course! I scroll through the pictures I once took with my sister Maddie, and my parents. Ooo, I do wish to see them soon... I also see many pictures of the tasty food I ate before I moved to the Boarding School, well I'm definitely a food lover hahaha!! 

Then I come across pictures I took during the orientation, and I realize most of them I took with Joel. I suddenly remember the good times I had with Joel back then. I blush. I miss him now, and I wonder how he has been..

Then eventually I see the most recent pictures. Most of them I took with my best friend Yammy, of course! Some of them I took with Scarlet and the gang, and I also took some with the detention girls.

I realize how much I have changed throughout the years, especially the past few months. The detention girls changed me. I used to get the highest scores in class, but now I barely pass everytime! And I lost Joel, all because I changed.

I start to reflect if my choice of changing myself for the 'better' is actually true.... NO! OF COURSE NOT!! ugh!! The more I think of it the more I hate myself!!

Yammy: Lizzie are you okayy? You look heartbroken.

Lizzie: I just... I scrolled through my phone and I miss Joel now. I miss my old self... This is not the real me...

Yammy: Aww Lizzie, it's ok.. Just tell me what happened ok?

I look up to her, and see her smiling at me...

*Flashback

After lunch, I enter the detention room, where I see Alyssa talking to other girls. They stop talking and look at me as I walk in.

Alyssa: Well, well, well. Look who's here for detention.

Girl 1: The teacher's pet is here for detention haha!!

Girl 2: Let's see what we can do with you...

For the whole detention, these girls threaten me to join their so called 'gang'. If not they say they would 'ruin my life forever'. I don't believe them, and I don't want to follow them. But as time goes on, I start to feel scared of them.

The thought of these girls threatening me keeps popping up in my mind, even after I return to my room. I stare at the mirror in the toilet, thinking that I should change, become tougher. I don't need to care about being the teacher's pet and stuff. I need to be tough so I can defend myself..

*End of flashback

Lizzie: So I decided to make myself like this..

Yammy: So I think if you don't like your current stuff, just change back to your previous self. I like you now, but I'm sure you'll be just as well, if not better one you change back.

Lizzie: Alright Yammy..

I give Yammy a warm smile, and she gives me a hug.

Lizzie: Aww I'm so glad to have a best friend like you.

Yammy: Same.

Hi readers, school started and I have homework to do now yayyy. Now I'm trying to find as much free time as possible to write. Anyways, I hope y'all liked this sorta long chapter, and I'll see u in a probably a few days when the next chapter is out.

byebyee <3