Chapter 3: Stadium

Joel's POV:

It is day two of orientation. I wake Oli up, and we prepare for the race. We gather all our water bottles and finger snacks. It's going to be a tiring day.

We arrive at the function hall, where we are supposed to gather. When my eyes met Lizzie's I wave at her. 

Oli: I can infer from your actions that you truly like that girl, huh?

Joel: Nah, I don't particularly like her, we're just friends, y'know, casual friends. Her name is Lizzie by the way.

Oli: You truly like her, it's veerrrryyyy obvious. Anyways, bye bye.

Oli walks away, and I turn to Lizzie, and my group.

Scott: Okay guys, you know today is the amazing race. Here is our clue to the first stop. 

He opens up the envelope he is holding.

Scott: It says here 'Paramore and Green Day? Anyone?' Does anyone know where this is?

Callum: I know! The stadium, Paramore and Green Day had their concerts there not long ago.

Groupmate 2: Yes, I totally agree with Callum.

Groupmate 3: Yasss! I watched the concerts live on YouTube!

Scott: Good job Callum, Stacy and Shelby. Now let's get going guys, woohoo!

Lizzie's POV

The whole group board a double-decker bus. The driver says we will reach the stadium in about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, I sit together with Joel, and we chat with each other.

Lizzie: So Joel, how have you been since you moved here last week?

Joel: I moved in to the same room as my childhood friend Oli, and school was not bad, all the teachers were nice and stuff.

Lizzie: Wow you are a lucky dude, I moved in alone, my roommate is called Scarlet. She doesn't like talking, and she's weird. School is nice, but I haven't made any friends yet.

Joel: Wait, so am I your only friend here?

Lizzie: Mhm... yep...

Joel: Wow, I actually thought you would have a lot of friends here... guess not...

Lizzie: I don't mind, one is enough..

Joel look at me for a moment... and I turn away...

Wait, did I just say that? Oh my god, I didn't mean to... I was soo attracted to him that I coudn't even control my mouth?!?! I hope he doesn't think that I confessed to him, I am definitely not ready for a relationship yet... Okayy, I really need to stop talking, or this is going to be out of control.

Joel smiles at me, and looks out the window to see the stadium in the distance.

Joel: We're almost here!

Joel's POV

We arrive at the stadium, and oh boy what a HUGE building. We walk inside and are greeted by three people wearing matching T-shirts. I recognize them, they are councillors.

Councillor 1: Hi there, I'm Joey, and welcome to the stadium. While you're here, you'll have to complete a challenge. Scott, pick one challenge.

Joey hands Scott 3 pieces of paper, and tells him to choose one. Scott chooses the second paper. 

Joey: The challenge is.... Charades! So basically, two of you must come up here and act out the word that I give you, and the others are going to guess the word...

Councillor 2 (Lauren): So, our first two actors will be, uhm... Lizzie and Joel!

Everyone claps in excitement, and a councillor whispered to us.

Councillor 3 (Meghan): Okayy, your word will be 'Twilight'.

Lizzie looked at me, eyes wide open.

Lizzie's POV

Twilight? What?!?! How are we supposed to act out a time of a day? Wait... Unless they want us to act out the Twilight Saga!! I look at Joel, eyes wide open...

Joel: What's wrong Lizzie?

Lizzie: The Twilight Saga?

Joel: What's that?

Lizzie: One of the greatest love stories of all time, between a human and a vampire... Aaanddd, y'know, the movie with 'Decode' and 'I Caught Myself'...

Joel: Oh, that's gonna be awkward.. So how do we do it?

Lizzie: Anything but kisses..

I really want to kiss him though, mainly because I really do like him, and partially because Twilight iiisss a love story... But NO! I can't kiss him like this, I'm too young, I can't be falling for him, and it would be very very very awkward if I kiss him in front of everyone...

Joel: How about acting out the start of the movie?

Lizzie: Okayy, then... uh... I'll pretend I'm sitting down, and you walk towards me. I see you and I ask this invisible friend of mine who you are, and I say 'oh Edward Cullen'.

Joel: You're a Twihard aren't ya? (Don't ask me how he knows that)

Lizzie: I guess so... hehe.

Joel and I act out exactly what we planned, and someone guesses it correctly in the matter of seconds.

Joel: That wasn't so hard.

Lizzie: Yeah, surprisingly easier than I expected, huh.

We watch other groupmates act out random words, Joel guesses three words, and I guess four. After awhile, the challenge is complete, and we will be moving on to our next stop.

Scott: So the clue to our next stop says 'Full of one color, and it rhymes with pardon.' Anyone knows where it is? (I know I'm bad with clues heheh..)

Hmm... Pardon, jarden, cardon, marton, uhm... 

Lizzie: Ah, the GARDEN!

Scott: Correct! Ok let's get going, c'mon.

We board another bus, this time a single decker. All the seats are taken, so we have to stand the whole journey. I stand beside Joel, and we look out of the window to appreciate the amazing view.

Hi everyone... This took me a little longer to write, I was interrupted by meetings with my friends. Anyways, I still completed it and I hope you enjoyed reading it, bye bye :P