CHAPTER 1

" Number 13", said she.

" Number 13 it is! ", shouted he, from among the crowd.

Turned the girl! She looked mesmerising. She was dressed in a beautiful knee length dress which hugged her body beautifully at the correct places. She had left her hair open with her bangs falling on her face; enhancing her beauty. She wore the sweetest of the smiles! Natural beauty she was!

She extended her hand further for a hello and said, " It's Shehnaaz". The one standing in front smiled back too but without wasting a second and putting on his pretending facade he said, " Hello well chhodo and get ready for the music. Mujhe haarna Bilkul pasand nahi hai". She gave a strange expression. *Kutta*,she mumbled.

It was announced by the ankers for all of the pairs that the music would start in some seconds. Soon all the pairs started swaying with the music. They had to carefully dance such that they donot step out of the sheet of paper. Though unfamiliar but there seemed to be some connection between the two of the strangers. Sidharth held her by her waist firmly so that she doesn't feel uncomfortable and they swayed to the tunes. Soon with the stop of the music, all of them folded their sheets of paper to half and started dancing again with the music.

" Itna chota paper kaun deta hai? ", said Sidharth being frustrated of the proximity they shared right then.

"Paper chhota nahi hai mister, tum mote ho",said Shehnaaz as a chuckle left her mouth.

Sidharth just ignored her. With every change of the song, the sheet of paper got smaller. Sidharth participates in this contest every year but there was something different this year.  The three societies in their locality organise a 2 nights stay every year in the month of December , during the vacations and everyone enjoys a lot. He felt uncomfortable worrying if being so close to her would make her feel awkward. Trying to distance his body while dancing, he looked funny to another level.

Shehnaaz laughed out hard and said, "  Tumko dance bhi nahi aata.."

"Challenging me? ", he said with a tinge of mischief in his eyes. He all of a sudden pulled her closer with a force and her hands banged against his chest. She was looking into his eyes when he picked her up and turned a 360, placing her back carefully. The music stopped again and yet another fold.

The paper now being too small for two people to stand, Shehnaaz balanced herself on Sidharth's feet and held him closer. He was looking at her and soon held her in the way of a hug so that she doesn't lose her balance and ends up hurting both of them. This was the time when they were actually lost in the tunes. The tunes took them back down their memory lane which hadn't been as fruitful for them as the others had. They were in their own worlds when sorrow took over Shehnaaz's face. She was missing someone. "Kabir",  she whispered with a tear escaping from her eye. The music stopped now.

She stood there separated when Sidharth said, " Oh madam! Harna hai kya Tumhe? " He had met her a few minutes ago but noticed her way more than required since the moment they came across each other. He could very well say that she was upset. Though pretending unbothered, he calmed down  and sweetly said, " Music start hone wala hai. Chalo".

"Hmm ", she replied.

He picked her up in his arms while she wrapped her hands around his neck. She was still lost somewhere thinking about Kabir ; his Kabir? Was he ever hers? She knew nothing; neither back then nor now.

" Kitni Moti hai yeh ", he mumbled way louder , making sure that she hears. Breaking her chain of thoughts and again deciding not to think of him, she started humming the song. He repeated it on getting no reply from her. He wanted her to say something, himself aware of the fact that he was expecting it way too soon. They didnot even know each other. Shehnaaz didn't fail him though. *kutta*, she mumbled. He left out a chuckle. Here they were lost in their own worlds when they noticed that it was just them left accompanied by two more pairs.

Folding the paper yet another time, he stood on a foot holding Shehnaaz in his arms. "Abey moti, Ye sanyasion ki tapsaya se bhi difficult hai", he said.

"Sorry but what did you just say mister? Don't forget that we are just a pair! ", she sternly said.

He was hardly balancing himself but enacting her was so necessary  for him that he repeated, " Just a pair" , copying her style and moving his body the same way when he lost his balance and they fell down.

"Fuck! Are you even serious? Hum jeet jaate idiot! ", she said. Irritation was quiet evident on her face.

"Oh please! Mujhe koi haarne ka shauk nahi hai. Tumhare wajah se Hua hai sab", he scoffed back and went away.

"Go to hell ", she shouted and left.

Though they were out of the this game bit what about the bigger game which destiny was playing which they were to stay in for a long time. It had a lot planned for them. It was just a small move that it played today.

****

I would say as always, vote for the chapter and do give your views as comments!

I'm back with another fiction. I hope that you'll would like this fiction too. Just to inform you all I would write the chapters the way you all want it to be. I would add the things you all want.

I hope that you all shower this one with the same love you showered in the last fiction. Believe me guys, I never ever wrote anything and this is the second time I'm doing it!

Shower some love!