CHAPTER 24

Shehnaaz fell silent. She was not there to see more problems building up. Having already confessed her love to him, she had expected everything to go smooth but that's exactly not how things work.

Sidharth, on the other hand sat there confused. Was it right to affect the present relationship because of the past? Well, it obviously was not but what could he do? It is not easy to trust people once you have faced the ruthless side of life. 

" Tujhe lagta hai ki mai tujhe chod dungi?", she asked wishing that he said a no. 

" I don't know".

" Toh tune kuch soch ke hi bataya hoga na mujhe", she said to him. She needed an answer but it was far away, atleast today. Sidharth fell silent. He had a lot to say but what to say was the matter. Riya was his past. Shehnaaz was not like her, he knew. He did not doubt her but himself. What if he ends up destroying her. What if his doubts lead up to their separation. 

Trust is the foundation of a relationship which they lacked. It was just a start but to take things forward, they had to trust each other which Sidharth could not. He did not know about Shehnaaz but it was tough for him. Shehnaaz held his hands in hers and looked at him. 

" Aren't you ready for it Sidharth?", she asked. Only if he said that he was happy with whatever happened. He was undoubtedly happy but the lack of confidence let everything down. 

"Nahi".

Shehnaaz was blown away. She did not expect this. She had lived her life really well but was yet to understand how different fairy tales are from the life we reside in. Things are not the way you want them to. Shehnaaz kept quiet for some time. She was quite hurt. Who wouldn't be?

" Thik hai",she said getting up. Sidharth held her hand and she looked back. She looked at him with a smile. " Kahan jaa rahi ho?", he asked.

Shehnnaz signaled that she was going out. " I need you", he said. What more could he ask for. She turned back and sat beside him the same way she sat a moment before. This time, it was much more confusion but the love remained the same. " Shehnaaz do you ever think mai apne past se nikal paunga", he asked.

"Hmm".

" I feel guilty Shehnaaz. I do not want your feelings to be played with. Chahe mere se ya phir kisi se bhi. Shayad excited ho gaya tha thoda lekin I don't think we would stay together", he said in a go.

Distress took over Shehnaaz's face. What was he saying? Their relationship  won't work? How could he say that?

" Hum alag thik hain. Haina?", he asked.

 Shehnaaz fell like beating the shit out of him just to tell him that they were meant to be together. " Sidharth lekin mai toh pyar kar baithi hoon na terese", Shehnaaz said to him with tearful eyes. " Pata hai Shehnaaz but I cannot lose you. Pyar toh ek din khatam ho jaega na?Bolo? Dost rahenge toh ek dusre ke pass toh rahenge", he answered. Shehnaaz could understand what was going on in his mind but what about her? Why would she sacrifice her love? She loved him. It was quite simple. He was hers and she was his.

Sidharth was not thinking of anything else . He was being too impulsive. He could have thought with a peaceful mind. Things done in a haste lead to decisions that one regrets later. He was sure to regret this one too. " Bol na ... We can be friends again na?", he asked. To say that he was at fault was also not correct. He was going through a lot. Even Shehnaaz had recently come out of such a difficult situation. It was tough for both of them.

To sacrifice is what you can say love is. " Tu chahta hai toh thik hai", Shehnaaz said while she looked towards the gate. She was crying. Her body shook more with time. She was already scared for what would happen and here, they were separated in the third day. One should think before taking steps, she thought. She ended up on being friends for him.  Well a mutual separation isn't mutual actually. It's the choice of one of the partner while the other one has to accept the harsh reality. Though Shehnaaz supported him, she was broken with what ever happened. 

Shehnaaz knew that it was not his fault but theirs. It was their responsibility to hold their relation together. She could not make him trust her. She failed herself that day. She knew that they would be back together but when was the question. It was just an impulsive decision and she knew that he would come back to her in a day or two for what she feared was him falling out of love with her. It was about her now. She had to think about her own self too. It was not just him.

" Idhar reh jaa na", he said looking towards the floor.

" Just friendship", she exclaimed as she left the room. Sidharth sat there shocked of what happened in a moment. It was something else. Well Shehnaaz on the other hand looked relieved for taking a stand for her own sanity. She just could not stay with him, atleast that night.

" They failed themselves".

****

Tadaa! Happy Reading guys!

I may give you a bit sooner updates further for I'm basically a bit free now. I'm sorry for making you guys wait for so long but her it is. DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT.

I had thought of opening up the past but the plot seemed really bad to me so i changed it. Just believe me, I would do it soon. Sorry for making you all wait. Kal result ke khushi mein time nahi mila.