CHAPTER 18

" Shehnaaz ", whispered Sidharth.

" Sidharth ", she whispered back and broke down. She was crying her heart out. She could hardly breathe because of it. Her voice seemed to shake now. She couldn't utter a single word. All of it was stuck right there in her throat.

" Baby pehle pani piyo", Sidharth said, worried. He had tears in his eyes; tears of happiness as well as pain. He felt so relieved after hearing her voice but on the other hand his heart broke as he heard her loud cries.

She again called out his name and this time ended up crying louder. Sidharth  very softly told her to calm herself down. " Shaant hoja Shehnaaz. Abhi Mai hoon na. Chal chup hoja baby", he continuously tried to console her. He was definitely angry and was ready to shout at her even but she held the power always. His heart just could not permit him to shout at her; especially when she was in so much pain. Never could he do so in his dreams even.

Shehnaaz's loud cries slowly turned into soft sobs. She wasn't crying for the time being. " Tu thik hai na? Where are you? Bina bataye kaise chale gayi tum Shehnaaz? Mai tumhare liye Kuch nahi hoon kya?  Bas Yahi tak tha na tumhara. Mujhe pehle hi soch lena chahiye tha ". Dissapointed and concern laced his voice.

" Aise mat bol Sidharth. Please tu toh atleast neecha feel mat karwa", she said between her sobs. Sidharth didn't expect this. He instantly denied and said, " Nahi baby. Kabhi nahi. Bata toh sahi Tu hai kahan ".

" Punjab ", she answered. Even her sobs were inaudible now. She was normal and so was he now. Punjab? Seriously? That too without informing? Shehnaaz seemed to have lost her mind.

" Punjab? Tu pagal hai? How could you Shehnaaz? Bataya bhi nahi. WTF! Dimaag ghaas charne gaya tha ya usse khud chod ke gayi thi ghaas charne! ",he said in disbelief.

" Woh mamaji he ghar pe hoon".
Well this brought another wave of relief. Where ever she had been, she was in safe hands. That was the only thing that mattered. " When are you returning? ", he asked in a very strict voice. " Arey aa jaungi na yaar ",she said as she giggled. How would you feel when you are already infuriated and someone annoys you more with his actions? The same thing happened with Sidharth.

" Tu pagal hai ? Dimag kharab hai tera? Idhar banda pagal hogya hai tere liye. Tujhe pagalon jaise dhoonde jaa raha hai. Tujhe Dekhe bina raha nahi Jaa raha aur tu udhar masti mein hai? Wah re wah! Idhar mai ro raha hoon aur tu udhar has rahi hai",he said. He couldnot control his anger anymore.

Shehnaaz was not shocked with the little confession to be true. She herself had fallen for him. All she needed was an assurance which she already got. She loved him. " Masti mein? Sidharth do you have any knowledge mere life ke baare mein? Nahi na. Toh mat bol. You never know what I'm going through. Ghutan ho rahi hai idhar mujhe. Yeh naya nahi hai. Tab tab hoti hai jab woh dikhta hai", she said, wiping away the fresh teats that rolled down her pink cheeks.

" I'm not judging you Shehnaaz. I care for you isliye bola. Don't take me wrong. I accept that I dont know your past neither tujhe mere baare jyada pata hai. Very soon baby. Don't worry". He didnot ask her about the person. He knew who it was. From whom? Ayush, the great. He didnot know much though. All he knew was that she had an ex named Kabeer. He had left her when she needed him the most. For what did he leave her, in what conditions, was known to none but Shehnaaz. He didnot want to tell her that he knew it. He wanted her to open up. He wanted her to put her heart out. All if which he wished required trust which she had on him.

" Shehnaaz, I don't know what's wrong. I don't know what you've gone through. I cannot mend the past but keep in mind, aage se tere saath aisa mai kabhi nahi hone dunga. Tu is baar toh chale gayi par Agli baar se agar Mujhe trust karti ho toh mujhe pehle bataegi tu.

Kisi aur ke liye nahi, agar apne liye nhi nahi toh mere liye hi mujhe bata dena. Mai kabhi express nahi karta lekin sach bol raha joon tujhe dard hota hai toh mai nahi dekh paata. I wish tere saare dard mere pass as jayein aur tujhe meri saari khushiyan mile. "

The small confession initially was fine. But this ? This man is the best. Shehnaaz smiled this side and said, " Shuklaji jyada senti nahi ho rahe hain aap".

" Shut up" . He chuckled. " Haste raha kar", he said again. He got no reply to this one. Both of them stayed the same way, quiet. Their silence spoke more. After some five minutes, " Thank you ", said Shehnaaz. " Kisliye",he asked. " Acha lagta hai. Koi toh hai jo life mein care karta hai. Nahi toh idhar toh mai marn.. ",she said and suddenly fell silent on realising what she was going to speak. She couldn't say this to Sidharth. At least not now. He would himself kill her after hearing that she tried to end her life..

" Kya? Chup kyu hogayi. Kya bol rahi thi? ",he asked , sweetly . Despite all this, there was something different in Sidharth. His voice had some different  love and care. He had not seemed to have talked to someone ever with so much love and concern.

" Kuch nahi. Bas thank you kaha", she replied.

" Shehnaaz, no matter what, mai humesha hoon tere liye. Waise be ready kal parso tak I'll be there. Tereko lene aunga mere paas", he said with a lot of authority. Well, the nights seemed to have a different addiction. It intoxicates the person to the extent that he eventually expresses his feelings. Don't we do the same things at night? You see a different side of yourself. The side that is you, the real you. The nights make us cry, they make us laugh, they make us realise our feelings and most importantly Beckie your vest friends. The relief the darkness carries is something else. Sidharth stood at the same place like many of us.

" Sidharrrthhhhh baby. Ek baat bolungi aur phone kaatungi. Tujhe kasam lage meri dobara abhi call nahi karega. Kasam lage.. Toh sun", she said going silent for some seconds. Both of their hearts thudded loudly against their chests. Sidharth couldn't wait to hear what she had to say. " I love you gande wala ",she said all of a sudden an disconnected the call.

Sidharth had no words. His mouth fell open. What was that? So sudden? He didnot expect it so soon. Well that was good. Wasn't it? He wished the same for a very long time. He was laughing and crying at the same time. He laughed for he couldn't believe what happened just then while the tears were of happiness. He took out his phone to call her back. * Such a clever girl*, he thought. The promise had bound him. He was literally dancing with joy. This probably was the lamest proposal but it had to different for it was by Shehnaaz. The line continuously rang in his ears as he stood in front of her the mirror and kept reciting it the whole night. He couldn't wait for the next day so that he could tell everyone about it.

Shehnaaz was another wonder. Sometimes she didnot let Sidharth sleep, hurting him and the other times he didnot sleep owing to the happiness she showers on him at intervals. Whatever she did had a great impact on him. This was what he wanted to hear and even finally could. He was the happiest soul by now.

**
Well! Two updates Aaj hi. Iske liye toh jyade votes and jyade se jyade comments bante hain. Kardo yaar!

Happy reading guys! 💕

Sorry for the prank waise :p Lekin Tumlog bohot pyare ho.