CHAPTER 30

" Tab yaad nahi aayi thi meri? Why did you leave me then? Abhi kyu aaye ho?", Shehnaaz was on a call with some one. Her face reflecting anger, the words she uttered were no less. Well, he deserved the wrath. Kabir deserved all of it. Yes, he was back after years. For what? Nobody knew. He directly came back to Shehnaaz asking her to accept him. Had she been the old self, Shehnaaz would have forgiven him. It was impossible now. She knew what motives he held. She knew every bit of him. He had no chance now.

" Dekh it was all a misunderstanding darling. I never intended to leave you", he said. Only if she trusted him now. He didn't have the guts to accept their child back then. People like him never change.

" Listen to me. Kabir I have moved on in my life. I expect the same from you. Tumhe tab bhi farak nahi pada tha toh ab don't fake it. I'm happy in my life. Don't spoil this either. Please don't call me", Shehnaaz said in a very normal tone. She didn't have the strength to fight him again. It was true that she had become stronger now but she did not want to see his face ever again. Not in this birth atleast.

These are just some wrong decisions in life that make us suffer. Shehnaaz had been a very happy soul since her childhood. Kabir was the one rotten apple in her basket that spoilt many good ones. It's about how fast we remove the rotten ones. Though she kept focussing on all the sorrows for years, happiness was her goal now. She had decided to live for herself. She had Sidharth by her side. Their problems were true. Their hearts pained but she knew that it was temporary. She had faith in her love.

" Green suits you " Shehnaaz remembered as she searched for a kurti to wear. Sidharth had complimented her once when she wore it to the office. Shehnaaz wore the same gold flecked olive green  kurti and clipped her hair the same way. Having applied a lip gloss and checking herself out, Shehnaaz left for the office. It was enough now. Enough of fights. Enough cries. She finally decided to sort things out because that was the only way left.

" Aaj Sidharth sir nahi aaye kya? ", Shehnaaz kept asking everybody she saw. No, he hadn't turned up to their office today. Shehnaaz had happily dressed up for him but he wasn't here. What was the use then? She was upset.

" Usne mujhe itna maara aur tujhe uski padi hui hai? ", Abhiroop said taking a seat beside Shehnaaz. " Haan toh uski bandi ko haat lagaega toh yahi hoga na", Shehnaaz said with pride. Abhiroop saw a change in her. She was back to her chirpy self. He was happy. Though it costed him some punches, he was happy for her. He obviously felt like punching Sidharth even now but he wished himself to be in a single piece which he probably wouldn't stay after that.

" Tu aur tera Sidharth! Alag hi cheez ho tum dono ", Abhimanyu folded his hands to her as he chuckled. " Woh mera hai na, isliye". Shehnaaz looked determined to make things better now. She knew he wouldn't take the first step. She knew that he wanted to be pampered. She was ready to put in every effort in it but was he ready? That wasn't much of her concern. She just wanted Sidharth by her side now. It didn't matter how. She was ready to love him forever even if he didn't reciprocate.

The last two days being really difficult for her made her realise a lit of things.  Love wasn't something based on conditions. It was par these things. It just couldn't be forced. Even if he didn't want a relationship, she was happy being friends.

Concentration was nowhere near. Shehnaaz continued thinking about ways to coax Sidharth. It was already tike to call it an off as Shehnaaz put her stuff back into her bag. She had been working overtime since the last week and it was just her and Abhimanyu left in the office.

" Aaj mai aapke saath chalun? ", Shehnaaz asked him.

Abhimanyu smiled at her and patted her back. " Tum dono ka sab thik hogaya? ",he asked. His ears were expectant of something positive.

" Nahi thik toh nahi hua but mai aaj usse baat karungi. Abhi nahi baat karne se things won't solve na. Mai usko aise jaane thodi dungi", she said.

" Toh usne tujhe itna Kuch bola toh tujhe kharab nahi laga? Gussa nahi aaya? Koi aur itna nahi sehta Shehnaaz ".

" Toh mai koi aur thodi na hoon? Mai toh uski Shehnaaz hoon na", Shehnaaz said to him with a smile plastered on her face. Abhimanyu wondered how pure a heart she had! Not just Sidharth but them as a family were lucky to have come across somebody like Shehnaaz. She loved the family just like her own. One of the main reasons being that they loved her back equally. Shehnaaz was no more an outsider. Maa had even asked her to shift to their place but she  denied.

**
" Sidharth aa na idhar ", Maa called Sidharth to the dinning table.

Sidharth looked at Shehnaaz who looked at him with a smile. She expected him to have the dinner with them. Sidharth denied but Maa called him out again. He went to them and sat beside Maa who sat exactly infront of Shehnaaz.

Sidharth was determined to not look anywhere but at his plate. He looked funny though. Sidharth suddenly started coughing hard while Shehnaaz had a smirk on her face. Hardly did Sidharth continue eating when Shehnaaz started rubbing her toes against his bare leg. He wished he didn't wear the shorts. Sidharth moved his leg away but that didn't help him either. Shehnaaz moved down more as she continued doing the same.

" Tum pair ragadna band karogi? ", Sidharth said loud enough for everyone to hear and laugh hard. He got up and went towards his room while Shehnaaz sat there embarrassed witnessing the rest of the people laughing at her. She knew that coaxing him wasn't going to be easy. She was still ready for it. She would do it, she knew. Looking at the rest Shehnaaz too bursted out laughing.

****
Please vote for the chapter and do comment whatever you liked. Don't forget to tell me how the chapter was!