CHAPTER 27

Darkness engulfing the place made it difficult for Shehnaaz to know where she was. All that she could feel was a feather like soft bed and a velvety blanket. The AC had made the room thrilling cold. She had a good sleep owing to the temperature of the room too.

Shehnaaz moved her hands around, to find something when her hand hit the lamp. Her hands continuously roamed on the base of the lamp, searching for the switch which had made the place look another wonder as it switched on.

The room shined as the yellow light of the lamp striked the walls and reflected making it look surreal . It complemented the yellow wooden table to a lot. It was the same wall covered with the curtains. The walls had the same constellations printed on them. Everything was the same except the love and the warmth she felt. It was  relief that she was devoid of again.

Shehnaaz smelt the disgusting smell of a cigarette which made her cough hard. It wasn't that strong at that time but she hated it. Shehnaaz looked towards the balcony to find Sidharth. Why did he bring her there? The most that he could have done was dropping her at her apartment. This probably wasn't needed for the things weren't good enough anymore between the two.

Shehnaaz's head ache was better. It was because of the extreme migraine that she fainted.

"Sidharth", she whispered softly as she walked towards him. He looked back at her, not meeting his eyes. He wished he had given her the pain killer but even that was not good for her. Having the fourpain killers in two hours wasn't appreciable at all. That was crazy.

Sidharth still looked at her, now looking into her eyes. They sacred her. How would he answer those questions. What about the insecurities that occupied her mind. " Are you fine? ", he asked.

Shehnaaz just hummed. Having walked towards him she held his hand expecting not to get it jerked away. " Have your food", he said as she rushed out of the room.

Shehnaaz couldn't believe how the things took a turn. She expected him to trust her. They could have fought the situation too. They could have won it together. Only if they were strong enough for the circumstances succeeded in breaking them apart.

Shehnaaz had the food from the plate kept on the study table. Ugh! She hated the sabji more than anything. " Karela nahi! ", she whined. She could do anything but eat the vegetable. Why did Rita aunty make this anyway?

Shehnaaz finished her food with a lot of crying and making faces.

"Khana acha nahi laga?", Rita aunty asked her sweetly.

"Nahi acha tha ", Shehnaaz replied, smiling making sure not to make her feel bad.

Rita aunty walked to her as she pulled Shehnaaz into a hug. " Pata hai mujhe. Sidharth bhi aise hi nautanki karta hai . Tu thik hai na abhi beta? "

" Ji".

Rita aunty personally wanted Sidharth and Shehnaaz to be together. She loved both of them so much. " Aur kya chakar chal rahe tum dono ke", she teased.

What would Shehnaaz say now? Should she say that they broke up in a day? That they could not keep intact? That the circumstances broke them? They were so weak. Her mixed emotions were not letting her live peacefully. She was devasted.

The best thing that she had mastered with time was masking expressions. " Nahi aisa Kuch hai hi nahi", Shehnaaz said.

" Jhut mat bol. Maa hoon mai. Humme toh pata hi hoga na. Humne bhi ishq ladaye hain apne time pe ", she said looking outside the window and smiling.

" Sachi aisa kuch nahi hai", Shehnaaz replied. She tried to dodge the topic but Rita aunty seemed to be stuck to it. Shehnaaz just sat there, answering what she asked.

Sidharth returned from the office soon that day. It was not for a second that he didn't ask how Shehnaaz was doing. He couldn't call her directly but made sure that she faced no troubles. He entered his room and met his mother.

Shehnaaz tried gaining his attention but he did not even seem to care. Little did she know that he would melt the moment he looks into her eyes. He was fighting his own demons. He wanted her to confess that it was just his love that she longed for. His insecurities grew bigger with time. Only if he had thought to communicate  with her, things would have been better.

Rita aunty felt as an obstacle between the two and she took a leave.  " Sidharth ", Shehnaaz called out to him.  He glanced at her and in a second he was again busy in his phone.

" Baat nahi karega? ", she asked again.

" How does it matter Shehnaaz? You have nothing to do with me. Isn't it? ", he said in a very uninterested tone.

" Matlab? Mujhe kaise farak nahi padta? Bol na? Kaise bola tune Sidharth? ", Shehnaaz questioned him. Sidharth still did not look at her. Neither did he say a word.

Shehnaaz held his chin and made him look at her, harshly. She was boiling in anger. She looked into his eyes. They showed nothing. This was for the first time that she couldn't read his expressions. " Bata mujhe. Mujhe kaise farak nahi padta. Chal maan liya. Tera kya? Don't you care? " Sidharth was taken aback by the determination in her eyes. He did not know what it was for.

" Nahi padta ", he said. " Padega bhi kyu? Maine toh keh diya tha na tumse us din. Realise hogya tha ki pyaar nahi hai. Dhoke mein nahi rakha, khushi manao na ", he said smirking.

He could not do this. This was not done. This wasn't the Sidharth she knew. " Sidharth mai muh tod dungi. Gussa shaant kar aur chal aaja mere paas ",Shehnaaz wanted all of this to be a dream. She seemed to have taken it too lightly. Well it was way more than what she thought it to be.

" Kahan Bakwass kiya? I told you that I love Riya. Aur kis bhasha mein bolun? Batao tum, mai bol deta hoon", he said. Sidharth drew the curtains aside exposing the wall.

It was another blow for Shehnaaz. All that she could see was the pictures of him and Riya. She was hating him at that moment. What was his fault even? They looked so happy. The pictures of them playing in mud, the picture of her kissing his cheek was so disturbing. Shehnaaz was the one who had the right to do that. HAD, she realised.

There was a picture where she could see the two of them holding a child. Shehnaaz could focus no where but at that photo. " Yeh bacha kaun hai? ", Shehnaaz asked, touching the photo.

" Pari hai. She loved Riya more than anything. Abhi bhi karti hai usko yaad. Riya sabke bohot close thi. Maa usko apne bachon jaise pyaar karti thi. ", he said. Shehnaaz's anger had turned into tears. The fact that the family valued that girl so much made her feel jealous in herself. She felt so insecure at that moment. What if Riya returned some day? She would replace Shehnaaz so easily. Shehnaaz would be sidelined yet again. She was not ready for it at any costs.

It was true that Sidharth wanted to stay away from her because of his own insecurities. He never wanted to hurt her. He couldn't realise the way his words stabbed her heart. Shehnaaz initially had questions roaming around her head when this added to her worries.

" Woh wapas aagyi toh phirse sab usse pyaar karenge? ", she asked, crying.

" Nahi pata mujhe", Sidharth said. He was himself unaware of his reaction that would come out if he came across Riya someday.

Nobody was to be blamed here. They seemed well and good but it was them who knew how tough it was to face their inner turmoils . When will the destiny come into play then? Things are not smooth always. The ups and downs take you to a beautiful end. That was all that they wished for IN their hearts...

***
HI! How are y'all doing. Guys please comment karna and do vote. Please!

RIYA'S ENTRY SOON. TRUST ME! THINGS WOULD BE IN SIDNAAZ'S FAVOUR AT THE END.