CHAPTER 28

( I haven't rechecked the  chapter. Comment where ever there is a mistake. I will correct it).

The rains poured down the heaven playing a beautiful rythm as it struck the pebbles. Sidharth looked at the lush green grass of his garden. It looked so bright and content. It looked so complete unlike his life full of void.

Emotions often lead you to some other world. The pain in Shehnaaz's heart was unbearable. She had to let it out. All that she dreamt of was happiness while in reality, her life was devoid of it. She stood by the main door of Sidharth's home, looking at the lush green grass just like him. The thoughts being the same.

Shehnaaz stepped out in the rain as she spread her hands wide and looked towards the sky. The drops of the rain seemed to extract the pains every time they fell on her face, making her feel so light at her heart. This was the escape from the problems. She walked further and sat on the bench in the garden. Removing her sandals, she placed her feet on the grass, which was as soft as velvet. It gave her a ray of hope, a feeling of well being. She just looked at the grass, noting the rhythm with which the rain drops struck on them as her mind began singing a song with the similar tune.

Shehnaaz felt a hand on her shoulder and was annoyed for this time was just hers. Nobody should interfere. Not now atleast. She turned back to find Abhimanyu. She turned her face and focused again on the grass. Abhimanyu nudged her as she shifted to the side, making place for him to sit down.

He kept looking at her while she continued ignoring him. It was true that she considered him her brother but what happened at the office was unforgettable. " Tu gussa ho merese? Mai toh bhai hu na tera Shehnaaz ", Abhimanyu said to her.

Shehnaaz nodded her head in a yes. She fidgeted her fingers finding nothing more to say. " Hurt hua mujhe. Aap kaise mujhe itna sataa sakte ho? ", she said to him with her eyes filled with tears to the limit.

Abhimanyu kept looking for an answer that wouldn't hurt Shehnaaz. To answer directly was the best option. " Dekho Shehnaaz. I'm your bhai outside. Do not expect me to be linient when work is concerned. Woh office hai Shehnaaz. Kaam apni jagah hai. Tell me, were you not late? Agar koi aur bhi hota toh would your boss tolerate such behaviour? ", he said, stating the matter of fact.

" Nahi ", Shehnaaz whispered. " Lekin aise kaun karta hai? Project se bhi hata diya mujhe ", she complained.

" Phir? Acha chalo sorry. Aage aise mat karna. What's done is done now. I can't change it ", Abhimanyu said.

Abhimanyu did his work as a boss very well. It was the brother in him that should come into existence now. He knew that she was not well. She was disturbed and it was bothering him. " Ek baat bataa ki tu itni upset kyu hai? Kuch tang kar raha hai tujhe? Bata sakti hai tu mujhe ".

He asked her number of times but Shehnaaz was not ready to speak up. " Dekh baatein man mein nahi rakhte. Bataa deni chahiye ", He said to her. Shehnaaz had started being emotional. She spoke in a cracked voice. " Kuch sahi nahi hai", she said with the initial words heard as a whisper while the rest simply inaudible. She wiped away her tears. " Sidharth ", she said.

Abhimanyu asked her what about Sidharth was bothering her. " Woh abhi bhi Riya se pyaar karta hai. Mujhse kehta hum dost rahenge. We aren't meant to be together that way. Merese nahi ho raha aise. Mera dil dukhta hai jab woh Riya ka naam leta hai", Shehnaaz spoke out her insecurities.

Abhimanyu sighed at the fact that his brother still couldn't overcome the past. He felt bad. He stayed silent thinking of something to speak. It was obvious on Shehnaaz's part to feel bad  as she loved him. How does he term his brother wrong then? It wasn't easy for him too. He loved her but was stepping back. He feared the same thing again. His break up with Riya had broken him. He blamed his anger for all of it. He blamed himself, still.