CHAPTER 12

The door bell rang. Ayush opened the door and welcomed Abhimanyu and Pari. They came in and got themselves seated while Ayush served them water.

"Sidharth ! Maine muh tod dena hai tera", shouted Shehnaaz from the kitchen.

" Sorry baby! Mujhe kaise pata chalta yaar ",he said trying to escape her.

" Ab maar poche. Kutta kahika ",she scoffed.

On hearing Shehnaaz's shouts, Abhimanyu went towards the kitchen to see what was wrong and he couldn't stop laughing looking at their condition. Sidharth and Shehnaaz were covered with flour from the head to the toes. The floor was littered with vegetable peels while Sidharth was cleaning the flour.

" What the", Abhimanyu looked at Pari who was standing beside me and instead said, " hell! Kya hai yeh? ". He widened his eyes in shock.

" Bhai dekho is kutte ne pura kaam kharab kar diya mera ",Shehnaaz whined.

" Maine kya kiya haan! ", he said coming too close to her. He had a mischievous grin on his face. One more word and he would make a juloos of hers. She dared not say a word for she knew what was coming next. Sidharth came back, maintaining some distance and started cleaning the mess.

Meanwhile, Abhimanyu was surprosed too see Sidharth work. He didinot even boil an egg at home and here he was cleaning the whole kitchen. Literally the whole because Shehnaaz had already left to clean herself. "Ishq ka rang hai beta". He patted Sidharth's back and went back to the living room.

Shehnaaz took a quick bath and came out wearing a beautiful pink coloured churidaar. She had seen Pari wearing a pink frock. She wanted to twin with her but did that for her priceless expressions. She came out of the room and went to the kitchen.

" My personal Ramu kaka, kya aapne kaam kardiya? ",she said, pulling his cheeks.

" Ji maate". He bent infront of her and joined his hands. She left out a giggle and told him to stand straight. " Baabbyyy! ",she called him, stretching the name as long as she could and continued, " Tere liye kapde nikal diye hain. Go and get ready bebu".

He washed the cloth with which he cleaned the slab  and hung it on the grill of the window. He was going out when Shehnaaz pulled his hand. " Thank you Sidharth! Pata nahi mai khud kaise karti Itni kuch",she said and moved her fingers to and fro in his hair, dusting off the flour. " Abey  chal na paka mat ",he said and hugged her. " Dress gandi kardi Sidharth ",she pushed him away and whined. He quickly ran away because he feared the frying pan more.

Shehnaaz dusted off the flour on her suit and went out to sit with the remaining three. Hardly had she come out of the kitchen when Pari ran towards her and jumped at her. Shehnaaz took her in her arms while Pari kissed her cheek.

" Neeche utaro mujhe", said Pari looking to the other side. Shehnaaz brought her down and sat on her knees. She tried turning Pari to her side whereas Pari was stubborn enough to not turn. Shehnaaz forcibly made Pari face her. Pari still did not directly look at her. She stole glances though. " Kya hogya mere Paru ko? ",she said, looking at her with puppy eyes. Pari still did not answer her. Shehnaaz tried talking to her many times but she didn't answer. She was mad at her angel. " Thik hai. Paru ko toh angel sent baat nahi karni. An Mai kise bataun ki maine Pari se matching ki hai. Ek kaam karti hoon chocolate cake bhi Ayush chachu khila dungi aur dress ke baare mein bhi unhe bataungi ",said Shehnaaz as she got up and started moving towards Ayush.

Shehnaaz felt a strong pull on her Kurti and she knew who it was. She turned around and saw Pari looking at her with puppy eyes and the very next second her eyes were filled with mischief. " Chocolate cake mere liye hai na? ",she asked as she grinned widely. Shehnaaz noded her head in a yes and got her a piece from the kitchen. She made Pari sit on the dining table and sat herself on the chair. She cut a small piece with a fork and made her eat. Pari had some more bites of it. It seemed that she made her lips eat more than she herself had. Her lips looked dark brown. Shehnaaz took out s wet wipe and wiped the cream off her lips.

" Angel mai tumse gussa hoon. Aap mujhe ek baar bhi nahi mili. Aap badal gayi ho". Pari hit the table lightly with her soft hands, showing anger.

" Baby tune dekha tha na chachu ne kya kiya tha",Shehnaaz defended herself in front of this little one. After a few more coaxing sessions, Pari finally agreed and hugged her. Sidharth had got ready meantime and sat with his brother, admiring the two girls. . He had paired a black T-shirt with a pair of denims. He looked smoking hot as always. He was like the sun, moon, stars and obviously the Christmas tree to Shehnaaz. He was her everything.

" Aur bhai sahab itna kaam kaise kar liya aapne. Kabhi farmhouse ke peeche toh kabhi kitchen mein kaam. Wah! Nazare hain bete! ",teased Abhimanyu.

" Bhai, kaam uske liye karo jisse pyar ho. Bina pyar ke zabardasti kaam karne mein kuch nahi", Sidharth spoke keeping his face completely straight.

" Matlab bhai, you love her? ",asked Abhimanyu. He had mixed feelings. He was happy for his brother was happy too. He was shocked for he didn't expect atleast such unlike poles to love each other. And lastly, he was confused for he had no idea where they met and how the things proceeded. Abhimanyu was unaware about the trip as he wasn't in contact with his family for those two months. They had their personal reasons and the things had sorted out now.

" Abhi bhaiya aapko kya pata. Yeh mahashaya pehle din se hi latoo the ",spoke Ayush who was silently listening to the brothers talking. " Tune bola usko? ",asked Abhimanyu. " Nah! Just waiting for the correct time ", Sidharth answered and quickly fell silent as Shehnaaz came and sat with them.

The five of them sat there and chatted for a long time. Shehnaaz had received a call form Noor. She said that she would get late that night. She told them not to wait for her and have the dinner in time. Shehnaaz served the dinner and they stared having it while Shehnaaz fed Pari.

" Pari, have your own food beta. Kitna tang karti ho tum Shehnaaz ko ",said Abhimanyu. He said that thinking if Shehnaaz would get irritated by her for she always sticked to her. Pari asked Shehnaaz if she was getting troubled and as she knew it, Shehnaaz denied. Pari flipped her hair to the other side and said, " Papa, my angel is my angel, none of your angel".

" Tu yeh sab kahan se Seekh rahi hai? ", said Abhimanyu a hit loudly.

" Chachu hi bol rahe the merese ladai karte time. My Shehnaaz baby is my baby, none of your baby",she said yet again unable to utter her angel's name properly. Shehnaaz blushed while Sidharth just could not look up due to embarrassment. Ayush sat there, grinning widely while Abhimanyu glared at Pari. Pari continued blabbering about what her chachu said and Shehnaaz was feeling too bad for him. She put a morsel of food in her mouth so that she could stop speaking atleast.

They competed the food and had their  dessert. They were about to leave when Pari gave Shehnaaz a chartpaper where she wrote Shehnaaz's name in English. Shehnaaz was deeply touched with the little ones actions and she hugged her tight. Everybody left her house except Sidharth.

" Maine bhi tumhare liye kuch likha hai",said Sidharth, giving her a letter. She started to open it but he told her to read it after he left. She kept teh letter on the table beside and followed him to the main door. She hugged him while he kissed her temple. It was an unusual, long hug. They didn't want to leave each other but he soon took a leave because everyone was waiting for him.

He reached home and freshened up and she on the other hand cleaned all the mess. He sat on his bed and leaned against the bedrest. All the incidents of the evening flashed in his memory and he seemed to enjoy them. She was close to his heart and so was he. He unlocked his phone and typed a good night message. He clicked the triangle aur the end ,sending her the message and informing her that he had already reached home.

Shehnaaz laid on her bed and had kept his contact open on whatsapp. She was reading the old chats and reminiscing the times. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw a message from him. The text instantly got a blue tick and she bit her tongue for he now knew that she had his contact open.  She sent him a good night message back with a smiley and kept her phone beside, on the table.

She covered herself with her quilt and wished she could keep him with her forever. He thought the same, looking at the ceiling as if it had all the answers. Thinking about each other, they dozed off to bed.

***
Guys! Here's another update. I hope you had a happy reading. Please vote and comment for the chapter if you liked it. I love it when you all shower the chapters with your love. 💕

Stay happy, stay safe y'all!