CHAPTER 17

" Bhai yaar suno toh sahi", Sidharth complained.

"Sidharth, I'm warning you now. Tang karna band kar mujhe. Jab bol raha hoon ki teen din se Shehnaaz office nahi aayi hai aur mujhe nahi pata reason toh tu tang kyu kar raha hai ", Abhimanyu shouted. He was already late for the office that day and to add to his troubles Sidharth had irritated him to the core.

" Bhai tu boss hai uska. Tujhe kyu nahi pata. Usne permission bhi nahi liya tera ", Sidharth said again as he put the tiffin in his bag.

" Abey yaar call karle na usko. Ek toh yeh ladki bhi bata nahi sakti kya. Koi tareeke se bhi nahi contact Ho pa raha bhai", Abhimanyu shouted again.

" Call uthaegi toh na. Ghar pe nhi nahi hai. Bhai mera dimag sad raha hai abhi ", he said as he rubbed his forehead.

" Toh sadaa apna dimag par mujhe baksh de", Abhimanyu scoffed and left for the office.

Hearing the sons shouting, maa came out and enquired of the matter. Sidharth told her that Shehnaaz didnot call him for the last three days. Neither is she receiving his calls nor is she at home. He was really worried for her. Even Noor was not in Mumbai as she went in a trip last week.

" Toh aur koyi tarika hai use contact karne ka? ", maa asked , worried.

" Nahi hai na. Agar hota toh mai karta nahi kya ", Sidharth said.

" Beta, don't worry. She'll call you back. Kuch toh hai . I hope woh thik ho", said maa, patting Sidharth's back and he too left for the office after touching maa's feet.

* In Punjab*

The room is pitch black. There's not even a fleck of white light. All that was heard was loud cries and sobs. There, beside the table, at the corner of the room she sat folding her legs to the chest and burying her face in it.

What day? What night? She had been continuously crying for the last two days. Well it was the same day ; three years back. Everything was the same. The same people. The same situation. The same pain. The difference was just that in the last two years, she had still tried to move on and she even did to an extent  but do these nightmares ever stop haunting you? They never.

She had seen him today after three long years. Not only did he bring back all the good memories they spent but also how he left her alone to fight with the world when she was pregnant with his child. He was a coward and will always be one. What broke her more was that she was back to square one now. Again. She couldn't bear it more. Was ending her life the only option? At some point of time, yes, to escape from the pains. An urge to kill herself. Well, what always stopped  her mind were her mother's words. It's probably too difficult to stop yourself but she did.

A bottle of pills in one hand while her dreams, her mother's dreams in the other. The urge to escape from all the miseries and pains in the mind while her mother's words continuously rang in her ears. " You are a fighter ", she mumbled. " You are a fighter", she said a bit louder. " You are a fucking fighter", she screamed and kept on doing so. She threw the pills away and  again sat down, holding her legs. She cried harder than even.

" Bachpan se mere saath hi kyu ho raha hai sab kuch. Maa, why did you leave me", she cried. " Itni Kya Jaldi thi tumko jaane ki? "

In Mumbai

Sidharth had been very restless. He couldn't concentrate at all. Throughout his meetings, he sat completely absent minded. He just wanted to see her. Just once. They generally fought just like every normal couple does. Never did they stay mad at each other for more than half an hour. What happened this time then? He was worried and very scared.

Sidharth was sitting in his chair with a file in his hand. He has been stuck on the first page for three hours now. All he did was closing the file now and again opening it the very next second. He grabs his cell yet again and dials Shehnaaz's number. It's switched off since three days.

" Fucking switched off. What's wrong with this girl ". He bangs his hand on the table , getting up from his chair and goes to stand by the window. He lights up a cigarette and takes a puff of it, blowing out the smoke then. Having taken three puffs, he crashed in an ash tray and dialed her number again. The result was the same.

" Shehnaaz, where are you? Kyu kar rahi hai aisa. Aaja baby",he mumbled. He felt helpless. He had no access to her. Nobody could help. The phone was last tracked till the Mumbai Airport. Where would he find her now. He had no idea where else she belonged from. He knew literally nothing about her background. Where would he find her?

He dialed up some more numbers asking them to find her out. He left for home earlier that day. He didnot come out of the room at all. He was called out several times by his family to have the dinner but he didnot come out even once. He wasn't feeling hungry nor was he thirsty. He just wanted Shehnaaz at the moment. That was it. He wanted to see her. Any how.

Even the next day Sidharth remained the same. He was all quiet. He didnot even talk to his family members. He spent most of the time in his room, locked. Maa was worried for his health. He didnot eat nor did he take proper sleep.

It was late 2:00 am. Sidharth was still awake. He was sitting on the floor, leaning against his bed. He continuously gazed at Shehnaaz's picture. All that he prayed for was her well being. He had no idea why she left the place. She wouldn't have done it for some petty reason , he was sure about it. He wished he could talk to her at least once. His eyes were half closed, him being not completely asleep, he rested his head against the edge of the bed when his phone rang. He was started by the name of the caller. It was Shehnaaz. It took him minutes to process what was happening. It was her. Finally her. He had a lot of questions. He was happy. He was worried. He was even mad at her. Which reaction would come out first,he didnot know. Thinking of nothing much, he picked up the call.

**
Happy reading guys! 💕

It was too dramatic I feel. Kindly leave your feedback here. Tbh, I want you all to genuinely tell me whether the story's going good or not. I would surely improve if it's not up to the mark. Kindly tell me. It's a request.

Please, do vote for the chapters. It takes a lot to write :)

Stay happy guys.