CHAPTER 32

" Us din Kabir ke saath kya tha Shehnaaz? ", Sidharth said to her. This was the only thing he wanted to ask. There was hurt, there was curiosity, there was pain and expectations in his voice. He was calm inspite of the storm rooted deep in his heart that was ready to ruin none but him.

A tear rolled down her cheek. " Tune dekha woh?", she asked. The tears never stopped. Was there any ray of hope? Shehnaaz had this chance. She could either clear it now or never.

Sidharth had no expressions. He looked straight into her eyes, searching for his answers. Shehnaaz made him sit down on the bed. Having a glass of water she sat with him taking his hand in hers. She held it for support. She held it with the fear of not letting him go. He was precious, the most precious being she ever met. She feared this day. She feared telling him about her past, the dreadful past despite knowing that she had to do this someday for them.

Sidharth was curious to listen to her. While he wanted to know the truth, he was also scared. He was scared if he didn't get to hear what he wanted. He tried to not think about it. He wanted to hear the truth even if it breaks him apart for living in a delusion wasn't what he wanted. He knew about the pain he would have to bear if the bubble burst one day. He didn't want a slow death atleast.

" We met through a friend of ours. I was attracted towards him since the moment I saw him. Uski aankhein bohot sundar thi Sidharth.We used to talk and hang out a lot. Woh mujhe homework mein help karta tha, he even used to clear my doubts.
Best friends bohot jaldi ban gaye the. I started falling for him eventually ". The sense of admiration with which Shehnaaz described Kabir made Sidharth uncomfortable. She had a smile which looked painful. It took no time for her expressions to change. Horror took over her face.

"Mere friends ne warn bhi kiya tha Sidharth", Shehnaaz almost choked as she continued. This was enough to remind her of all the things that had happened with her. They flashed in her eyes as her heart sank. She was finding it difficult to control her emotions. She was already in a pool of tears. Her heart was heavy, so was Sidharth's. Did the anger matter now? It didn't. Was it really important to know the past now when she was already in pain? It wasn't. Didn't he know what she went through in Punjab? He did.

Some incidents leave such deep wounds that the marks tend to stay forever. These incidents grow to be those nightmare that one cannot help but break down thinking of or even talking about . It takes you back there again. Recalling it makes you go through the same pain. Shehnaaz was going through the same emotions then. She didn't know how to forget it. Well, the reality was that  she didn't get anyone till date to give her all that love to forget about her pains. How she passed her days crying, how there was nobody when she needed them and how she was betrayed by the people she trusted, she had faced a lot.

Sidharth could see her break down with every second. Her body jerked as she cried. Shehnaaz tried forming words but even the words had decided not to come out of her mouth. She wanted to speak. She wanted to clear things out. Shehnaaz did not want Sidharth to doubt her. She tried speaking again only to be stopped by her only love, Sidharth. " Shh.. Chup hoja. Mat bol kuch", Sidharth said to her as he engulfed her in his big arms. He placed his chin over her head while he kept rubbing her back. He wanted to hear none of it, atleast for now. For now  , he wanted to be with her. He wanted to be her peace and not the reason of her tears. The cries didn't go away soon. Sidharth could feel her body shake against his as he felt his shirt damp. " Baby don't cry", Sidharth said to her again.

Shehnaaz had stopped crying but she sat still placing her hands on her lap. Her face looked as calm as the cream over the milk but there was a storm in her heart. Sidharth, on breaking the hug, cupped her tiny face. Her eyes were a deep shade of red. Eyes do speak, they say, while her eyes shouted shouted emotions. Trying to speak, Shehnaaz was stopped by Sidharth yet again. " Kuch nahi bolegi tu. Samjhi? Chup se baith", Sidharth said as he rubbed his thumb on her cheek. Were they fine now? She hoped they were. She couldn't cry more. Neitrher could she speak about it anymore, she knew.