CHAPTER 19

The new morning brought with it a new Sidharth. He was so happy with last night's confession. He could do nothing but recall the lines time and again as he continued saying, " I love you.. Gande wala", to himself. He rubbed his hands through his hair and nodding his head,  went to take bath.

Meanwhile everyone was already seated for the breakfast.

" Abhimanyu, yeh ladka Kuch nahi kar raha hai. Na kha pee raha hai dhang se aur nahi so raha hai. Kaam pe nhi dhyaan nahi hai iska. Iski manager bata rahi thi kal. Shehnaaz ka Kuch pata chala kya? ", said Maa. She was really worried for Sidharth.

" Nahi mom. Isne Mera khud ka dimag kharab kar rakha hai. Lekin usse bhi toh dimag hona chahiye na. How can she be so irresponsible? Itna bachpana! ", Abhimanyu said as he nodded his head in disbelief.

" Oh shut up Abhi. I know she should have informed atleast someone but tum aise nahi bol sakte uske baare.  Go jaata hai kabhi kabhi. ", Chetna defended Shehnaaz.

" I'm worried. I hope thik ho meri bachi. Bohot pyari hai. Pari Ko bhi kitna pyar karti hai woh. Anyway, beta Ek aur paratha le", Maa said, keeping one more paratha in Chetna's plate. She always made sure that Chetna had sufficient food. She never let her starve at any cost.

" Maa! Already 2 kha liye hain", Chetna whined. Maa patted her back and said, " Tu Mera strong bacha hai. Chal kha le na beta. Tu hospital jaake sab bhul jaati hai". Finishing her food quickly, Chetna left for the hospital no before hugging maa. " I love you maa",she shouted from the main door.

Sidharth came out of his room in a very cheerful mood and sat on the chair, putting two parathas in his plate. Nobody asked him a single question. Though they were happy but at the same time surprised to see his mood change, they stayed quiet. Sidharth noticed how quiet everyone sat. They were never like this. " Itne chup kyu ho aaplog? ",Sidharth asked looking at Maa and Abhimanyu.

" Tu thik hai na beta",maa asked as she caressed Sidharth's head. " Haan mom, I'm completely fine now. Shehnaaz mil gayi. She's in Punjab", he said. The rest of the too were shocked the same way like Sidharth. How could she go to Punjab without telling anyone? Well she could but she should have been courteous enough to inform.

While Maa was happy to have found her, Abhimanyu was fuming. He cared for her and so was even mad at her for taking such a step. She was like a little sister. " Let her come. Mai batata hoon. Sidharth, is she fine? I mean kuch hua hai kya", he first said gritting his teeth but later calmed down as he asked about her well being.

" Haan bhai. She's fine now", Sidharth replied as he munched his food. He had a cup to tea after that and both of them left for the office together.

In Punjab

Shehnaaz came out of her room and sat with her mamaji and mamiji . In the last two days, it was for the first time that Shehnaaz sat with them. All of these days, she had been crying.

She sat between the two of them, in the drawing room sofa. Mamiji caressed Shehnaaz's hair and placed a soft kiss on her temple. She pinched her cheeks and said, " Ki karda si mera put. Beta tu thik aa na".

" Hanji mamiji ", Shehnaaz answered.

" Aaja tere hor tere mamaji liye pyaaz de parathe banaye aa. Dahi wi aa. Chal khaala ", she said getting up and heading towards the kitchen.

" Beta, phir se usse mili tu? ", her mamaji asked as soon as his wife left.

" Hanji. Mamiji ko mat batana",she said.

Mamaji closed his eyes in assurance and patter her cheek. Shehnaaz hugged him tight and said, " Mamaji aap sabkuch ho mere. Thank you. Aapne hamesha saath diya ". " Mai tainu thapad lagana ae. Mainu thank you keh rahi aa. Maar khani? ",said mamaji and Shehnaaz chucked.

" Nashta aaj hi karna hai na ", mamiji laughed as she placed the hotcase on the dining table. " Tu kahengi teh kal kha lange satwant. Aapka hukum sar aakhon pe. Waise bhi viah de baad kisi layak te chadeya nahi tusi", mamaji teased mamiji and bowed down in front if her. Shehnaaz always enjoyed their cute banter. This wasn't a new thing. They had been doing this side years. They had hit a half century, still their love remained the same. Shehnaaz too wished for the same in her life.

" Oh ji tusi sudharna nahi na. Chalo Aaj khalo nahi toh thanda Ho jaega nashta. Phir banwa lena tere mame ki girl friend se", mamiji teased his husband. He always pulled her leg lying that he had a girlfriend and how better she stood as compared to his wife. On the other hand, neither mamiji leave a chance to compete. She teased him even more and as always, Shehnaaz's mamaji lost.

The three of them sat together and talked about a million new things as they had their food. Even the couple loved it when Shehnaaz visited them. She filled the void they felt. They had a son but he worked abroad. The couple lived alone here. Many a times Shehnaaz visited them and stayed at their place for days. None of them had any problems with it. They intact loved it. Their home felt lively.

Sidharth had already called Shehnaaz and told her that he he would reach her place by 1:45 pm and asked her to pack her bag. He said that they would leave as soon as possible because he also had a lot of work at office. Around 12 noon, Shehnaaz went to the kitchen to see her mamiji cooking.

" Mamiji suno na" , she said tapping mamiji's shoulder n number of times.

" Ki hoya kudiye. Kamli hogyi aa? Aise kaun hilata hai? ",mamiji scolded her.

" Aaj Khana mai banaungi", said Shehnaaz.

" Haaye Waheguru! Aaj kahan se suraj nikla zara dekhoon. Shehnaaz bhenji keh rahe ki roti oh banaenge. Wah hi wah! Chal hogyi nautnaki. Mujhe banane de khana ", mamiji said sarcastically. Shehnaaz made food once in a blue moon. She didnot expect it to come so soon.

" Arey Sachi. Mujhe banana hai. Oh mera friend aa reya mainu laike jaan ", she said, not meeting the lady's eyes.

" Kudiye, mere baal aise hi safed nahi hue. Friend aa reya ya prona ( pati)? Itni jaldi shaadi bete", she said while Shehnaaz's cheeks turned a deep shade of red. She couldnot stop blushing. Not meeting her eyes, Shehnaaz said, " Just friend mami ".

" Oh te mai dekhungi", mamiji said as she walked out of the kitchen, laughing and leaving Shehnaaz back to cook the food herself.

" Arey help nahi karne Ko nahi bola tha. Aithe aao ", Shehnaaz shouted followed by the breaking sound of crockery.

**
Happy reading guys! 💕

Well, this didnot have any SidNaaz content at all but I tried to keep it fun. I hope y'all liked it.

Do vote and comment,please. It's important :)