CHAPTER 6

Guys, I love all of you so much! A special thanks to all those who wished me a speedy recovery. I'm doing completely fine now. Here's a gift for y'all.

The next chapter would be according to your wish. Just tell me what you want and they next chapter will be according to y'all only. Pyaar 💝

****

The sun had set. The weather still had not improved and there was a power cut . Everybody had their dinner and decided to have some fun as it was getting boring. They sat in a big circle and candles were kept beside for some light. Noor sat beside Ayush and Abhiroop sat next to him. Shehnaaz went and sat between the former and Sidharth. She leaned against the pillar behind her and straightened her leg, making Sidharth to shift a bit to the other side so that she kept her leg comfortably.

There could be nothing better than playing Antakshari then, to pass the time. The play started as they divided themselves into those same teams. Having started herself, Mrs. khanna ended her song with " .....o saiyaan deewani". The next team started to sing with the syllable they had to. It was Team Sidharth's chance now.

" Tum mere gale lag jao
Mai saare gum bhula dunga.. "

Shehnaaz loved the song. She was so much into it that she unknowingly held Sidharth's hand tight. On feeling her soft hands, he looked at her. She was so engrossed in it. He entwined his fingers with hers while she preserved their hands in her lap. This Miya biwi was raazi, but the qazi seemed way jealous. Krisha noticed all of it. She had always been insecure of Shehnaaz as she always failed to get the attention when Shehnaaz was around.

The next team started now,
"Aakhon ko..
Teri aadat hai
Tu dikhe na toh inhe shikayat hai"

Shehnaaz loved this song too to no end. She,still holding his hand, started humming the song.

"Bin chuye chu liye hain
Tune mujhko diye hain
Pyaar ke ye tarane janiya
Ye jo ab ho raha hai
Kuch ajab ho raha hai
Kya yahi hai pyar ka hai ehsaas"

After having stopped it was the next team's chance now. They played several rounds of it and then decided to call it off. On of them started sharing his ghost experience. It was night. They place too was said to be haunted though many didnot believe and now to add to more horror a real life experience. Some looked too brave to be scared while some were sweating out of fear. While Sidharth wasn't scared of it, Shehnaaz belonged to the latter group. Sidharth was enjoying everyone's expressions.

While the man was narrating his experience, Ayush murmured, " Meri phat rahi hai bro ab". " Itne mein hi Hogya Tera? ",said Noor, laughing at him. " Oh please! Narr ko darr nahi lagta baby ",he said smirking. " Tu kahan se laata hai aise Bakwass jokes! Jaa tu. Nikal". Noor didnot know whether to laugh or cry at his stupidity. He troubled and annoyed her all day with his lame jokes.

Sidharth felt Shehnaaz curling beside him. Her palms reached up to his arm and her grip tightened . She looked Shit scared and was sweating. Sidharth kept looking at her. Having noticed him, she clarified, " Woh nahi mujhe bhoot se bohot darr lagta hai. Toh isliye.. ". He cut her sentence in the middle and said, " I understand. Meri bhi phat-ti hai". Though he didnot believe in ghosts neither was he afraid, he knew how much people pranked her knowing her weakness. He just wanted her to calm down and not worry of being made fun of. He got to know all of this from Ayush. Shehnaaz had shared it with Ayush and he told the further. Shehnaaz felt that there was finally someone of her clan. She giggled and continued, " Chal koi na. Hum ek dusre ka sahaara. Thik hai? " He nodded his head smiling and she shifted closer. He wish he was the one to have known about it first. That's what he always thought but he still and to win her trust.

They were sitting together. One of them engrossed in the story while the other busy in her. Shehnaaz felt two hands moving around her neck trying to grab it. She freaked out and jerked the hands away. She was terrified. She tried to get up but ended up twisting the foot even more and fell down. She was just crying at that moment as words dared to come out of her mouth. Noor rushed to her and covered her full self in her arms.

" Have you lost your mind ? ", roared Sidharth as soon as he saw the person who did this. It was Krisha. While Krisha left out a laugh looking at Shehnaaz, it was a matter of disgust for others on Krisha's part. " Krisha tumko maalum nahi woh kitna Dar gayi thi? ",said Mrs. Khanna. "Relax aunty. Bas Ek prank tha. ",said Krisha, taking things too lightly. " Maine socha kuch aur acha karne ka par itne mein hi phat gayi tumhari? ", said Krisha to Shehnaaz. She still couldn't realise that such things aren't any joke for anyone to be played with. " Keep your fucking pranks to yourself ", said Sidharth again. Feeling that the ball was slipping from her court, Krisha said, " Baby I didn't know usko Dar lagta hai. Agar pata hota Toh kyu karti. You know me na baby ". She's a good actor though. She could have fooled everyone. Noor said, "  Who would know it better than you then? " Having left a dumbstruck Krisha there, Noor again concentrated on Shehnaaz and do did Ayush. She wasn't getting any attention now, so she went and so did the rest to make their beds.

Shehnaaz sat there horrified and crying in pain. While her friends tried to console her, she kept sobbing harder. Seeing her that way, Sidharth, in no time sat on his knees and cupped her face. He looked into his eyes as he questioned. " Bohot dar gayi thi? " She just nodded her head.
" Chal nahi paogi na? ",he asked. She said nothing. He slowly picked her up in his arms while her hands encircled his neck. He went to one of the free rooms and laid her down on the bed. She still had her head nestled into his chest. She wasn't ready to leave him yet. He slowly came out of her grip sat near her feet. He very carefully opened the bandage. The food had turned a dark shade of blue. It had swelled up more. He applied the spray again and wrapped the bandage around.

No matter what, Shehnaaz was loving the care. She wanted it more. * Kabir never treated me such*,she thought. She knew she would go deep into his thoughts which wasnt even worth her time. She pushed the thoughts away and continued gazing at Sidharth while he checked through her medicines. Aware of the gaze, he still ignored her. He gave her a medicine after some time and told her to have it. " Nahi khaani ",she said, making faces. " Aur koi rasta nahi hai na baby. Kha le na ise please ",he said. * Wasn't it something different? *,she thought. All that she received in these years was a hell lot of scoldings and criticism. He was being so sweet. This was more than enough for her to have the medicine without any further dramas. Though she still made a lot of faces, she somehow gulped it with water. This made Sidharth smile from ear to ear.

He was really happy with the way things were growing. He got up to leave when he felt a slight pull on his T-shirt. He turned back and asked her the matter lifting his head up for a second. She stayed silent for some time,not understanding how to say. She saw him going again and said, " Woh Noor ne bola hai ki dusre room mein soyegi toh tum Ayush Ko yahan aane bol doge? " Having said this, she mentally face palmed herself for the blunder she did. He didn't like it. She knew that he would even do it so without wasting any time she said again, " Tum chaho toh tum bhi reh sakte ho". He wanted to hear the same thing and without waiting for her to speak further he agreed. He went out to have get somethings and on returning, couldnt believe at the sight. He laughed out at the heap of pillows Shehnaaz had made. She was already asleep. He went on his side of the bed and laid down, taking her hand his. He was thinking about the incidents of that present day but dozed off too.

All he wished for this time was not a heartbreak. He had started accepting it but the outcome was hers he feared. The new day would bring them all the new happiness.

*****
Guys, do vote and comment. I wrote it finally and yes I love all of y'all!

Shower some love!

Please do tell in the comments what ever you want in the next chapter.