CHAPTER 16

The room was a complete representation of Sidharth's interests and personality. The walls painted in grey gave the room a very subtle look. A king sized white coloured bed was placed at the centre of the abstract wall painted in a hue of blue. It had so many constellations painted on it. One end of the room had a white coloured study table with his laptop kept there. Near the bed was a small library. He had always told her about it. He had himself made it by stacking the fruit carats one above the other and joining them together. Shehnaaz went towards it as she went through the books. Most of them were science fictions. The room had a beautiful balcony attached to it. His room was a wonder in itself.

Out of all the things what attracted Shehnaaz's attention was a wall near the study table which was covered with a curtain. Why would a wall be covered with a curtain was what gained her utmost attention . She went near the curtain, holding it and was about to move it aside when Sidharth stopped her.

" Kya kar rahi hai? ", he asked in a very calm tone. Shehnaaz turned towards him and said, " Paar hote hote room dekhne ka man kiya. Ekdum tere interests ke hisaab se hai. Bohot pyara ".

Sidharth smiled at her and said, " Khana kha le uske baad room dikhaunga".

" Baatein bhi karenge? ", she asked. Sidharth nodded his head in a yes and they went to the dining table,closing the door. Shehnaaz and Sidharth sat comfortably on the table while maa served  the food. She too sat down and  put some food in her plate.

" Pari so gayi? ", Chetna asked Shehnaaz.

" Hnn", she said.

" Waise Shehnaaz I hope tum bura nahi maani Pari ki baaton ka. Bachi hai woh. You know na.. I mean woh agar tumhe embarassing laga toh sorry", Chetna said.

Shehnaaz kept her hand on Chetna's hand and pressed it lightly, smiling at her. " Arey bhala mai kyu bura maanu . Bache toh sach hi bolte hain",she said as she looked at Sidharth and laughed. Chetna too eased out in some time. Chetna quickly finished her food quickly and placed her dishes in the sink. She came out with her bag and said, " Maa mujhe round ke liye ek baar phirse jaana hoga. I'll come late. Abhimanyu aa jaye toh bol dijiyga. Unka phone nahi lag raha". She hugged maa and left.

The rest of the time, Sidharth and Shehnaaz ate less and stole more glances at each other. Maa noticed all of it and decided to leave them alone. She excused herself telling Sidharth to keep the rest of the food in the refrigerator . Shehnaaz and Sidharth, now sat alone there. They too got up in some time. Sidharth emptied the dishes and kept the food in the refrigerator.

" Chale? ", he asked as he came out of the kitchen. She went with him to the room and looked at him as his eyes had a glow. She held his hand and said, " Kya hua? "

" Yeh room mein mera bohot memories rahi hai. Mai jab chota tha aur humne yeh ghar liya toh yeh room pehle bhai ke liye select kiya tha papa ne. Phir maine bohot ladayi ki thi unse is room ke liye".

" Room ke liye zid? Kyu? ", she asked.

" Kyunki jab chota tha toh idhar se peeche ke fields dikhte the. Abhi toh ghar ban gaye hain Par pehle aisa nahi tha. Pata hai tujhe is room ne mere saare sides dekhe hain. Jab sabse khushi hui thi tab bhi idhar hi aake nacha tha aur jab dil toota tab bhi idhar hi roya. Bhai kitni baar bolte hain flat mein shift hone ko par mann hi nahi karta", he said. His eyes had an different shine. He was emotional yet so happy remembering the passed time.

Sidharth took Shehnaaz to the balcony. It was no less. With plants attached to the railing, the balcony had two hanging chairs. Shehnaaz sat in one while Sidharth sat in the other one. They sat there all silent and gazed at the dark sky. Though dark, it had the timid shining stars which pierced through the darkness. Shehnaaz looked at the one star which shined the most and then looked at Sidharth.

" Mai jab choti thi toh,papa ke jaane ke baad, mummy kehti thi ki jab bhagwaan hume bula lete hain toh hum star ban jaate hain. Maan bhi liya tha maine. Abhi hassi aati hai par usi tarah roz papa se baat karti thi. Kya khaya, Kya pehna, pure din mein Kya hua, sab kuch bola karti thi. Phir papa ke jaane ke 6 mahine baad mummy bhi chali gayi. Tab samajh toh nahi thi, par roz aasman mein dhundti zaroor thi. Papa toh mil gaye par mummy kabhi nahi mili" , Shehnaaz just spoke out of no where. She was smiling with tear filled eyes.

" Maine uske baad TV pe Dekh ke mummy Ko letter likhna bhi shuru kar diya. Har Sunday likhti thi. Pure hafte ki baatein batati thi aur uska aeroplane bana ke uda deti thi. Pehle pehle toh kuch aata hi nahi tha. Ek baar diwali ke din aaya tha, aeroplane banke. Mujhe abhi bhi yaad hai, bohit khush hui thi mai. Ghar mein sabko dikhaya tha. Pata nahi kisne bheja tha Par neeche mummy ka naam tha. Letters bohot pasand hai mujhe", she continued.

" Shehnaaz, Mai tere liye kya hoon? ", Sidharth asked. Well the question was out of the blue. Shehnaaz remained silent for a minute or so and glanced at his curious face. She kept looking at him. " Nahi pata kya hai. Par bohot important hai. Tere saath mera friend jaisa bhi nahi hai aur na hi boyfriend jaisa. Pata nahi kya par Kuch toh hai. Family hai tu meri. Pata hai mai tujhpe bohot bharosa karti hoon".

Sidharth fell quiet. Hasn't she read the letter yet? Would it be right to ask her out? Well, he had know more about her and even she had to know him better. " Tu bhi bohot important hai mere life mein. Pata nahi par ek attachment hai tere saath", he said.

" Haan woh toh Pari bata hi rahi thi. Tu pyar karta hai merese? ", she was so direct and on point.

" Hnn? ", he was shocked to the core. How could she ask him out so directly. How was that possible for her? He literally choked.

" Pyaar karta hai? ", she asked again, looking straight into his eyes.

" Haan matlab nahi. Waise wala nahi. Positive wala. Friends wala. Tune aise kyu pucha ",he asked.

" Nahi Kuch nahi bas laga mujhe aisa. Woh Pari ne bola isliye. Koi baat nahi mai toh aise hi puch rahi thi ", said Shehnaaz as she looked away. She couldnot meet his eyes now. Now after what she asked. Well she usually regretted being so bold at times. Sidharth wanted to say yes though.

" Agar mai haan bolu toh? ", he asked.

" Toh... Nahi pata. Waise Sidharth tu bhi kuch bata na apne baare mein", she said as she changed the topic.

" Aaj nahi. Kabhi aur. Bohot kuch batana hai ", he looked into her eyes as he said this making her little heart smile.

They talked about many random things for another hour or so. She got down the chair and asked him to drop her home. It was already 3:00 am and she didn't want to have the company of the ghosts. Well its been hours since they started taking. Doesn't this happen with all of us? We often donot realise how time passes when we are with our loved ones. Packing some of her stuff back she left for her home with Sidharth.

**
Happy reading guys! I hope that I did justice to the chapter. Well there's a lot coming up.

Guys the updates won't be regular till 12th of July. I have my exams from 2nd and I need to prepare too. I donot want to end the story abruptly too. So I've decided to put the story on hold for those 10 days. You'll get updates till 30th and then I would keep the story on a hold for the following 10 days. Once my exams get over, I'll start giving y'all updates. :)

Do vote and comment if y'all liked it ! 💓