CHAPTER 9

( Please read the note at the end. It's important.)

" Noor mera bag la yaar. Mai aaj tere karke late hogyi ",shouted Shehnaaz from the living room while she gulped down her breakfast. " Acha madam, raat bhar baat tu karegi aur late hui mere wajhese? ",said Noor, giving Shehnaaz's bag to her. Having finished her food faster, Shehnaaz side hugged Noor and kissed her forehead. She said, " College time pe jaana. Love you baby " and left for her office.

Shehnaaz reached her office in sine time but was late for the very first time. A colleague of hers, Ritika, said, " Shehnaaz are you even serious? Aaj toh jaldi aana tha na tujhe? Yaad kar boss ne bola tha. Mr. Shukla would kill you today ".( Mr. Shukla was their boss).

" Kyu? Aaj toh waisa Kuch hai nahi. Oh fuck! Aaj Sir ke bhai aa rahe hain deal ke liye. Shit! I have so much work. I'll meet you in some time ",she said and rushed to Mr. Shukla's cabin. She entered the cabin, taking his permission and wished him a morning. " Good Morning! Miss, you aren't on time indeed! ", he said. She could tell he was angry but he still didnot shout at her. " I am really sorry sir. I would get the speech done in fifteen minutes ",said Shehnaaz, looking down. " You should be and I want the speech on my table in the time you said. You may leave now",said Mr. Shukla. She nodded her head in a yes and left the cabin.

Shehnaaz sat on her chair with a pen and a paper in her hands. While she tried writing, she could not stop thinking of the last night incidents. Some things really don't leave our mind, isn't it? Not wanting to get insulted infront of everyone , she preferred concentrating more and wrote the speech. She submitted it to the boss within the time. He knew it beforehand as she really was a very responsible employee.

The guest arrived at half past eleven. Though he was Mr. Shukla's cousin, he was very professional when it came to work. The girls in the office were drooling over him while he paid no heed to them. Shehnaaz on the other hand didnot even bother to look at him. He directly went to his cabin and came out in an hour or so to meet the employees once. He was not stopping at anybody's desk. He walked continuously while the employees just introduced themselves to him.

He reached the third row meanwhile Anf stopped at a desk. " Excuse me? ",he said. He got no reply. " Ms. Shehnaaz, what kind of a behaviour is this? ",said Mr. Shukla on thinking that she was intentionally ignoring them. His anger was slowly raising. Ritika tapped Shehnaaz's shoulder and told her who stood in front. She removed her earphones and on looking in the direction in front, she was dumbfounded. " Sidharth! ",she said with excitement. He smiled back at her. Her eyes how fell upon Mr. Shukla who was fuming in anger. " Oh! I am so sorry sir. I was so engrossed in my work that I didn't see you coming", she said looking down again as she closed her eyes in fear. Mr. Shukla was about to shout at her but Sidharth stopped him. " No issues", said Sidharth. Shehnaaz could not understand why he spoke on Mr. Shukla's behalf.

Mr. Shukla got a call and excused himself. Hardly had he heft when Shehnaaz hugged Sidharth. " Tu yahan kaise? ", she questioned. " Don't you now? ",he asked. She nodded her head in a no and said, " Acha leave. Chalo coffee peete hain". She dragged him to the cafe while all the girls looked at her with envy. Some where even shocked for Sidharth was boss's brother. How could she even do that? " Shameless ",someone shouted from behind.

Meanwhile Shehnaaz and Sidharth sat, chatting with each other while sipping their coffees. " Tujhe pata hai kal Raat tune kya kiya? ", said Shehnaaz. " Nahi ",he said. " What? Mujhe pata tha ki kal tune pakka pee rakhi thi. Tujhe pata tune Kya kiya? Tune na.. ", said Shehnaaz while she was cut off by Sidharth in between. " Ohk! I know it. It was quite embarrassing. Yaad mat dila . I know it cause mere phone calls record hote hain. ",he said while he hid his face. " Embarassing? Saale mere saath hota toh mai marr jaati embarrassment se. Tu toh phir bhi apni shakal dikha raha hai mujhe". " Oh please! Lag toh aisa raha tha jaise maine nahi tune pee rakhi ho",he said. " Oye Jaa tu. Waise tu yahan kaise? Bata na please ",she said. " Deal tha bhai ke saath ",he answered having a sip of his coffee.