Chapter 32

Chelsea Jane's POV

"Babe, taste this"

"Wow! That tastes so good"

It's weekends so I have no work today. Paul and I decided to stay in while he insisted to cook for our dinner.

I walked towards our dish cabinet to get some plates and arranged the dining table. As usual, Paul cooked a Spanish dish which is Paella with Chorizo and Seafood. Hm, the perks of dating a Spanish Chef.

He and I have been dating for almost two years now. We met when I moved here in Spain right after recovering from the car accident since my family convinced me to live near them instead of living in New York.

Papa decided to withdraw from the candidacy since they planned on staying in Spain for good  together with my Mom and Kuya Alejo's family while Alex decided to stay in the Philippines.

A lot of things happened from the past years. A lot of memories went missing as well and I am aware of that.

But they never went back which left a hole inside.

"Are you okay?" He asked and touched my hand.

I smiled at him sweetly and nodded.

That night, we decided to have a netflix and chill since tomorrow is Sunday and we planned on having lunch with my parents together with Kuya Alejo.

"Kuya! You're so makulit!" Inis na wika ni Yunice sa Kuya Yohan nito na kasalukuyang ginugulo siya sa pagla-laro ng Switch.

"Stop it Kuya" suway naman ni Ate Chantal sa anak nito na agad namang sumunod.

We are in a restaurant and having our lunch right after attending the holy mass.

"Paul, you should try this" wika ni Mama sabay abot ng Filipino dish na Kare-Kare. "And this as well" at binigay ang bagoong alamang.

"It—" wika ni Paul at tila hinahanap pa ang tamang salita.

"Smells bad" biglang singit ni Yohan na ikinatawa naming lahat nang amuyin din nito ang bagoong.

"But it tastes good" wika ko naman at nginitian si Paul.

We ate in peace and constant laughter. Nothing beats family's company and love talaga.

When we were having our desert, nagtaka ako nang biglang tumayo si Paul.

"I was never sure with life until I met you. I never believed in the saying that we all have that missing piece until I found you" wika nito na nakatitig saakin. Nagugulat ako sa mga sinasabi nito at tinignan ko ang pamilya ko na naka-ngiti saamin. "You are my other half. You are the love of my life. Chelsea.." at lumuhod ito na lalong ikinagulat ko.

"Will you marry me?" at inilahad ang magandang sing-sing na may malaking dyamante.

I was stunned. It felt like a dream.

"Y-yes.." wika ko na ikina-hiyaw ng mga tao sa paligid at ikinaluha ni Paul.

Tumayo ito at isinuot ang singsing saaking pala-singsingan and sealed the proposal with a sweet kiss.