Alone (11)

WARNING: As the chapter goes on, her mood shifts into a darker side, and if you feel uncomfortable or triggered by reading topics regarding self-hatred and suicidal thoughts I suggest you stop reading from the part where she makes her way to her room.

Day 6

I walk out of the shower and start dressing up. Wearing a blue and purple plaid shirt and loose pants that barely reach my knees.

Apparently Arianna and Dylan were already here, sleeping off their jet lag. And now I'm going to meet them.

To say I'm anxious would be an understatement. I hold out my hands for a few seconds, staring at them as they shake. I clench unclench my hands, then sigh and walk to the nightstand next to the bed.

I pick my pills for my acid reflux, stomach ulcer, and anxiety, down them with one go of a half-empty glass of water next to them. I wonder what will happen if these pills stop working... life will be a literal pain.

But I'll definitely need the anxiety one for today. I push back my glasses and with a final deep breath, walk out of the room and head to the elevator.

As the elevator descends, my heartbeat steadily rises. I chew my bottom lip as I step out of the elevator and looking around the somewhat crowded lobby.

We're supposed to meet at the indoor coffee shop. I slowly make my way through the people. From a healthy distance away I'm able to spot them.

They are standing near the entrance, Adrien's back facing towards me. With a deep breath, I push my legs to take me to them.

Arianna's pink hair is up in a messy bun, strands of faded pink falling down around her face. From this distance, I can spot four necklaces, her purple eyeshadow, and her dark pink lipstick. I'm surprised, she hasn't changed a bit. At least her style hasn't. She's wearing a sleeveless tank top with a rainbow on it, a short black skirt along with fishnet tights, and black boots.

I can faintly hear their voices. Not wanting to get in the middle of their discussion, I pause and then take a step back, but Arianna's loud and clear voice can be easily heard over all the chatters.

"Why the hell do you want to spend a whole year with her! Didn't you always call her insufferable bitch?" Her voice carries out. Too busy in their argument, they don't see me.

I know they are talking about me, and I shouldn't eavesdrop and I should walk away, but it's like my feet have been glued to the marble floor.

I see Adrien shrug and shift his weight from one foot to the other, and now I can see Dylan too.

His black hair tied back tightly, head to toe covered in grey clothing.

"Now I don't," he says and Arianna huffs and crosses her arms in front of her chest.

"Dude! She's a pain the ass... and a loser... and a freak!" Dylan says and Arianna rolls her eyes.

"She thinks she's too good to even talk to us," Arianna pointedly says.

"It'll be pure torture!" Dylan whines.

After a long pause, Arianna adds, "We have nothing in common,"

"We should do this, it'll be fun!" Adrien says after a stretched moment of silence.

Arianna scoffs, "You're up to something... are you planning on pushing her in front of a drunk driver?"

That makes Dylan laugh and Adrien shakes his head.

I really should walk away.

"I can't believe we're going to spend a whole year with Eleotard!" Dylan says.