Theodor [pt2](20)

WARNING: TRIGGERING CONTENT

The room started spinning around Theodor's head as the word sank in.

His mother gasped. His father's pale features. Avery, standing in the corner with her arms crossed. They all blended together in Theo's eyes.

The blazing sound of the ambulance siren.

The movements a blur in his eyes, everything happening too fast, as he fought to find the strength to stand on his feet.

He didn't know how he got down the stairs as their mother got into the ambulance with Eleanor. He found himself keeping up with his father's pace as they made their way to his car.

His father followed the ambulance, or at least tried to. The only sounds were the hum of the engine and horns blaring outside.

The city was alive, the night life was coming to life and his sister was losing her life. He thought sourly.

"She'll be alright," his dad said, making him look away from the lights, and yellow cabs and people making themselves ready for a full night of partying and clubbing.

He vaguely nodded his head. He didn't know what say, not that he wanted to talk.

"She's strong," his father added.

Anger. Annoyance. Agony.

He wanted to shout at his dad for saying that. Yes, she's strong but...

Why did they have to be like this? He was losing his sister because of this madness their parents were obsessed with. Why didn't they let her be? What was so wrong with her following her passion?

He wanted to shout that it was his fault and his mother's that she ODed, but he didn't.

Maybe even he was at fault too.

She called.

She called him.

She called her brother and he wasn't there for her.

He pressed his forehead to the cold window.

"El loved her telescope," he softly said.

His dad snapped his head towards him, narrowing his eyes.

"Why did mom give it away?" He asked as he pushed himself to look straight into his father's eyes.

He rolled his eyes and pushed up his glasses, the only indication of his annoyance. "It was the best thing to do," he flatly said. "And what does that have to do with anything?" He snapped.

Theodor ignored his question and asked one of his own, "Was it dad?"

His father looked back to him skeptically.

"If it was, she wouldn't have been in there," he said, pointing to the ambulance.

"She's a teenage. Teenagers always make irrational decisions." He sharply said as he firmly held Theodor's gaze.

You did this to her.

He wanted to say that, but he held his tongue with great effort. He knew it won't end well, he would only hurt his dad and make everything worse.

Not to mention, he counted himself accountable for it too.

He noticed the turns they started taking. They were getting closer to the hospital.

"I need you to know something," his dad started.

He looked at him, fear taking hold of him as all the other thoughts and emotions slipped away.