37. Budapest, Hungary

Day 45

I unzip my suitcase but not bother with unpacking. We're only staying for three days, almost.

I yawn and plop down on my bed, bouncing on it out of habit. It always feels good, no matter the age.

For four nights straight I've had nightmares, making me jump in the midst of my slumber covered in sweat. The damn dreams returned the moment I thought everything's going incredible.

Continuous loud raps startle me. With a groan, I push myself up, fixing my glasses as I trudge to the doorway.

Waking up early should be illegal. I need caffeine.

Two hours of sleep is not adequate by any means.

I still don't understand why Dylan insisted on leaving Austria first thing in the freaking dawn. We went to all the tourist attractions in Vienna, but that wasn't supposed to mean just because we're done, we have to leave at five AM. And be in this hotel at nine. And he slept the whole way! Who can doss down in a train that easily!

I pull open the door, with annoyance; coming face to face with three wide awake idiots who don't value the morning sleep.

"Someone's in a bad mood," Dylan muses, grinning at me. I scowl at him as he strides past me into my room.

The other two follow him. Adrien closes the door, letting me plod behind Arianna. Dylan throws himself on the loveseat and Arianna stands at the foot of my bed.

I wonder how she did her makeup this early in the day.

Adrien stops next to me and Arianna claps once, indicating she wants to talk.

"I had an idea," she announces, and I put my whole will power into use for not groaning. "I'm serious Eleanor," she adds, shooting a glare in my direction and I roll my eyes.

Adrien checks his wristwatch, "Your coffee and the rest of the drinks should be here any minute now," he states.

I frown, crossing my arms in front of my chest, "I didn't order anything," I grumble.

"I did," he shoves his hands through his pants pockets.

Unable to stop myself, I look at him with an arched eyebrow. He glances at me, noticing my surprise, and shrugs.

"Great. But I wanted to say-" sharp knocks interrupts her.

I turn to receive the refreshments but catch Adrien's gaze lingering on Dylan. He rolls his eyes and sighs, "I'll get it," and pushes himself off of the seat.

A moment later Dylan walks back, pushing a cart containing drinks and most importantly my coffee.

Even looking at it brightens my frame of mind.

Without wasting a second, I pick the glass, closing off the outside world. I deeply inhale my icy espresso, filling my nostrils with the wonderful scent of it before sipping and savoring the taste. A grin cracks on my lips. When I open my eyes, Adrien's focus is on me, a loop sided smile playing on his face.

On a scale of one to ten in embarrassing situations, this could be seven or eight. But I can't seem to be capable of socializing before my morning coffee.

I draw another sip, mainly to hide the heat rushing to my cheeks.

"Okay, people. If you'd let me, I want to share my idea," Arianna repeats herself. I swallow my laugh along with my drink. She looks like a kid, seconds away from stomping and screaming for attention.

She surveys us, and begins, "Since we get drunk a lot and for lots of other reasons. I think we should have each other's keycards for the rest of the trip,"

Acumen: Riddling LifeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara