Rooftop talks (15)

I adjust my glasses and with a deep inhale I walk out of the bathroom.

Just as I step out, I'm greeted with various scents of food and then my eyes land on Adrien sprawled over one of the love chairs, going through his phone. The coffee table in front of him filled with all kinds of food. I wonder what he was thinking by ordering this much.

I walk to the nightstand, swallow my pills, and slide on my watch. By the time I turn around Adrien is sitting properly, his gaze on me.

I sit on the sofa to his right as he slides his phone into his pocket.

"I talked to my dad's assistant, he always does everything for us, my family, the visas and bookings shouldn't be a problem, he'll handle it, we just have to inform him beforehand," he says as he leans back into his seat.

"I told you, I want to go back home," I pointedly tell him, receiving a huff from him.

This is going to be a very long day, and with that, I lean forward and pick the nearest plate that happens to have scrambled eggs, and start taking small bites.

"I was thinking we should add US to our lists of places too," he says.

I look at him blankly, mostly because I don't want to show my irritation.

I put back the plate and pick a mug of coffee, "I said I don't-" I start.

But he waves his hand, interrupting me with saying, "I heard what you said, and no you won't."

I take a sip from my coffee, fixing my gaze on the view outside, the sky is bright blue, too bright, it hurts my eyes. "I didn't ask for your permission and it's not for you to decide," I flatly say.

I can feel my heartbeat fastening with anxiousness, maybe I shouldn't have said that? It was rude...

"I know you heard us that day," he suddenly says, making my head snap towards him. I can't stop myself before my eyes widen in complete surprise.

"It would've been impossible to miss us..." he starts, a beat of silence passes before he glances at me and adds, "Plus it was written all over your face."

Ashamed and embarrassed I look down at my coffee as I try to explain, "I didn't mean to eavesdrop," I start but before I get the chance to come up with more explanation he says.

"I know... it's impossible to not hear Ari's voice," he shrugs, then a smile creeps up to his face, "And you always happen to be in all the right places at all the wrong times,"

I swallow hard, as I try not to fall prey to my anxiety. "You said you wanted to talk," I manage to push myself to say.

"And I did say not here," He pointedly says.

I sigh and nod my head and then put down my coffee mug.

I push my glasses up, "Let's go then," I say and he slightly narrows his eyes, frowning.

"But you haven't even..." he starts but this time I interrupt him.

"I'm done, thanks," and with that, I stand up.

After a moment of hesitation, he gets up and we head out of my room.

We step into the elevator and instead of pushing the lobby button he pushes the highest floor, I try my best to hide my surprise.

I hope this isn't a wicked prank or something.

The elevator stops and we step out. In complete silence I follow him, going up a flight of stairs, but I can't help the anxious feeling building in the pit of my stomach. He starts shuffling around as we stop in front of an iron door until he finds what he needed, and opens the door. We step out onto the rooftop of the hotel.