25. Bruges, Belgium

Day 23

I could live off Belgian chocolate for the rest of my life, not minding the weight gain. Now I know why it's so famous.

We sit around the table, waiting for our last lunch in Belgium, while enjoying the wonderful view. Well, most of us. Arianna is going through the pictures I've caught. The moment she found out I'm interested in photography, she offered to teach me. She's busy checking them, nodding with approval.

I nibble on my chocolate, wondering if one day science could surpass limitations, so a person can have an infinite amount of something they love, without worrying that it'll end.

"I want to dye your hair and see what happens to your eyes," Arianna announces, pulling away the comfortable blanket of silence that had fallen over us.

Snapping my head up with surprise, curious to find out to who she's talking. And when my eyes lock with hers, I realize she meant me.

Adrien and Dylan both laugh and she only glares at them, as I'm unable to quit gaping at her.

She waits for their laughter to die out and starts, "What! I'm serious. When she wears blue, her eyes turn blue-"

"Reflect blue," Adrien interjects, receiving a dismissive eye roll from her.

"What will happen if I dye your hair purple, or pink," her eyes are wide with excitement as I stare at her with raised eyebrows and falling short of words.

"I-I don't think pink is my color," I stammer.

Dylan and Adrien guffaw, Arianna overlooks them as she studies me, squinting.

"She won't stop until she makes sure she has dyed your hair at least a dozen colors. Good luck with that," Adrien voices between his laughter.

"Ha ha, very funny," Arianna replies as she glowers at him, which he deliberately ignores. She focuses back on me, "Ignore them, I know you'll look cool,"

"But she already looks gorgeous," Dylan says, looking at Arianna and then turns to me, simpering, he adds, "I mean it," and locks his eyes with me.

I force a smile as I shift awkwardly in my seat and avoid his gaze; I need to learn what's the proper reply for compliments that have nothing to do with my knowledge and studying.

"Thank you," I mumble earning a grin from Dylan.

I push myself to glance up. The amusement gone from Adrien's features as he forces a smile that doesn't reach his jade eyes, shooting daggers at Dylan.

Does he really dislike me to the point of not being able to stand someone complimenting me?

I can't blame him for disliking or even despising me, but didn't he suggest that we move on from problems we had in the past?

"I guess I'll dye your hair pink and then purple, what do you say El?"

Grateful from Arianna's question, I train my focus on her. "How about we wait until my hair grows longer and decide after that?" I offer, as my fingers fidget while I can't cease my leg from bouncing.

She beams and nods with enthusiasm, "That'd be great!" she claps her hands and for a moment I'm able to push aside the anxious feelings caused by being in the center of the attention, and return her smile.

A waitress comes and places our meal on the table. Dylan's eyes follow her until she turns and is out of sight.

"We need to go more clubbing, these European girls are hot!" Dylan remarks as he shoves a spoon full of his food into his mouth.