36. Prague, Czech republic

Day 41

Yawning, I stretch my arms over my head. Then lean over to the nightstand and pick up my glasses and put them on. The suite comes into focus. Drained wine bottle and discarded food wrappers are scattered around from last night. Two empty ice cream boxes still laying on the ground near the foot of the bed. In normal circumstances, this situation would've freaked me out, but now it doesn't seem that bad.

I've seen worse. Back in the university, a month before the start of exams, my dorm would begin getting chaotic. To the point where it left no space on the floor to walk on. I had to hop from one spot to the other, hoping I would be lucky to not land over the bundles of papers or books.

Arianna walks out of the bathroom, her hair up in a messy bun, "Hangover is a bitch," she grumbles, her eyes barely open.

I smile at her as she plops down on the bed, "But we should do that more often," she adds, beaming.

"We should," I agree, mirroring her grin.

I couldn't have spent my first night in Prague better. All summarized in this room, but wonderful nonetheless. Just me and Arianna, starting from singing Halsey songs and occasionally drinking. Half a cup by me and the rest of the bottle by her, talking. And in the end, watching Mean Girls and Clueless while eating pizza and later on ice cream.

"Let's call the others down and see what's our plan for today," she says, rubbing her eyes. "Mind if you go to Adi's room. His phone is usually on silent. And do the planning before coming down, until I bring Dylan,"

"Sure," I jump off the bed, picking my iPhone up and slipping it into my pj's pocket. "But I need to change first," I add walking to the door.

"You look great, El, but take your time," she laughs and lays back down, "meanwhile, I'll sleep a tad longer,"

"Arianna!" I turn, placing my hands on my hips.

"Fine, I'm awake. And calling Dylan," She groans, propping herself up.

I smile and nod my approval as I walk out of her suite and head to mine.

After a quick shower, I wear something casual. In fifteen minutes, I'm ready and going towards Adrien's room.

I might have been growing closer to Arianna, and being near her doesn't make me anxious anymore, which I guess it's natural. Because it has been a little over a month since we've been spending every day together, for considerable hours. But that does not apply to everybody. To be fair, the dynamics between me and the three of them have improved in massive measures.

Arianna is amazing to be around, Dylan has ended his excessive amount of attention and constant attempts at communicating with me. And even Adrien has stopped being moody and snapping at everyone. In fact, these two changes happened abruptly, almost at the same time. But I'm not complaining. It's easier to be with them now.

I stand in front of Adrien's hotel room doorway. Yesterday we spent the whole four hours train ride from Berlin to here, by watching Stranger Things.

I curl and stretch out my fingers a few times, trying to end their trembling. Along with a deep inhale to calm my racing heart. While giving myself the usual pep talk that it isn't a big deal, just a freaking knock.

I close my eyes, fill my lungs with a sharp intake of breath, and rap. My fist stands in the mid-air, as I chew my bottom lip. I take a step backward and clasp my hands behind my back.

I count the seconds and as I reach to five, the door flies open.

Adrien's eyebrows shoot up, and a beat later a grin curves his mouth. "Hey," he greets me.