A Friend

Midoriya POV
Todoroki and I are walking to school. We are talking but something seems odd about him. I want to ask him what's wrong but I'm too shy so I decide not to. We are halfway to school when all of a sudden Todoroki starts to have a coughing fit. I immediately worry and ask him if he's ok but he doesn't respond. He stands back up and he seems to be in extreme pain. He takes a step forward but then he grabs his head quickly and starts to scream. At this point I'm terrified and don't know what to do but then I grab him around the waist and lift him up, he is surprisingly light. I tell him it will be ok but I don't think he heard me. I start to run and he blacks out.

When I finally arrive at school I am out of breath but I keep running I yell for somebody to help. Aizawa comes running out of his classroom and sees me with Todoroki in my arms. He quickly comes over and takes Todoroki from him and runs to recovery girls office.

He sets Todoroki down on a bed and recovery girl starts to look him over. Aizawa turns to me and asks what happened. I tell him about our walk and how Todoroki was acting weird up until when I arrived at school. Aizawa tells me that I did the right thing coming here. Recovery girl comes over and tells us that he has three broken ribs and the skin on his arm is coated in blisters and severely burned.

"I wonder how he got all those injuries, was he training or is it something more, was it something that happened at home and if so did he sneak out overnight?" I didn't realize I was mumbling until Aizawa told me to stop worrying. He also tells me not to tell anyone about Todoroki until they know where the injuries came from because he doesn't want them to worry. Then Aizawa tells me to go to the classroom and that he will be right there.

I get into the classroom and see that the rest of the class is already in there. Iida and Uraraka come over to talk to me. They ask me where Todoroki is because they had seen us leave together but I just tell them that he said he had to get something. We continue chatting until Aizawa comes in and tells the class to sit down and shut up. Everyone immediately sits down. Then we begin class. I can't stop thinking about Todoroki and whether or not he's ok. Then Aizawa asks me a question and I come back into reality. I ask him to repeat the question so he says it again. I tell him the answer because I already understand what we're talking about.

After class I don't realize that everybody is leaving for lunch until I hear Uraraka call me. I hurry out the door to catch up with then. During lunch I daze off again. Iida turns to me "Midoriya you seem off is something on your mind?" I reassure him and say "I'm fine Iida I promise" Then Uraraka asks if I know where Todoroki was because he wasn't in class today. I just shrug and ignore her.

Then I hear an all to familiar voice "HEY YOU DAMN NERD WHY DON'T YOU DO US A FAVOR AND TAKE A SWAN DIVE OFF THE ROOF" I turn to see my childhood "friend" Katsuki Bakugou or as I call him Kacchan. He makes a mini explosion that blows up in my face. "I'm not in the mood Kacchan" I mumble. "WHAT WAS THAT DEKU?" I just turn away from him so he grabs me by the collar and is about to blow up my face when Aizawa walks into the lunch room and cancels his quirk. Aizawa tells him to back off and Kacchan reluctantly lets go of me. Then the lunch bell rings and we all hurry back to class.

~time skip~

School is finally over so I rush to recovery girls office to see Todoroki. When I come in I see Todoroki laying in bed. When I see him I notice how pale he is and how dark the eye bags are under his eyes. How did I never notice those I wonder. He still looks handsome though. I look at the his scar and his sharp jawline and lips... I snap myself out of those thoughts and shame myself for thinking like that. Then I notice his eye twitch. Then I see him slowly open his eyes and blink a few time.

(785 words)