Caring for Candy Cane

Bakugou POV
I see that nobody is there and then remember that Aizawa and Mic have school unlike us. I see a piece of paper on the counter:

Me and Mic had to go to school but you two are excused. We have eggs for breakfast and Shotos medicine is sitting on the counter. We will be back soon and in the meantime, Shoto get settled in and Bakugou, make sure he takes it easy and doesn't strain himself and make sure he gets plenty of sleep even if you need to force him to.
-Aizawa

I take out my phone and text the old hag that I'm going to be staying here for the day to help and take care of Sho. I take out the eggs and make breakfast for me and Sho.

~time skip~

Once breakfast is done I bring up Sho's food and his medicine along with some water. When I walk in I see him sitting up and when he sees me he seems surprised. "You need to eat breakfast so you'll feel better." I put his plate down next to him and get his medicine all set. He takes his medicine and then just looks at the food.

"I'm not very hun-." I cut him off "You need to eat so you can get better." With that he starts nibbling on his eggs and I eat my breakfast, satisfied. When I finish he has only eaten half his egg. "I'm sorry Katsuki but I'm not very hungry." I give him a kiss on the forehead "At least you ate something now, lay down and go back to sleep." I take his plate and bring everything downstairs.

When I get back upstairs he stands up and sways a little and starts to fall but I catch him. "You need to take it easy." I lay him down and he tried to fight me but he obviously didn't have the strength. He eventually falls asleep.

I start to unpack his bags and set up his room. He doesn't have a lot. I put his clothes away and take out his school stuff and set it up on a desk and shelf in his room. Other than those he doesn't have a lot. I take out a knife? It's probably just for self defence. I set it down on his desk and look back in his bag. There's only one more thing in his bag. It's a photo of his family.

They all look so happy in the photo. His mom is leaning on his dad's shoulder and they're both smiling like they're happy together. Fuyumi and Natsuo are in front of him with a boy with red hair in the middle and Sho is on the mystery boy's shoulders. I wonder who that is?

Suddenly I hear a noise and see Sho shaking and crying. I sit next to him and gently shake his shoulder "Hey it's only a nightmare you're safe now." I see some ice start to form on the walls "Leave me alone!" I shake him harder but he still won't wake up so I make a small explosion next to his ear that is just loud enough to wake him up.

He jolts awake and sits up. He takes in a shaky breath and looks at me. "Kat?" I pull him close "I'm right here don't worry you're safe." He slowly calms down and his breathing steadys. "Wanna tell me what that was all about?" He just shakes his head and buries his face deeper in my chest.

"Come on you can trust me with anything." He sits up and looks at me with his beautiful heterochromatic eyes. He looks nervous but seems more willing to tell me. "Come on Sho what's bothering you?"

Todoroki POV
I trust Katsuki so I tell him about my dream. "I was in a dark room and my father was there and he was beating me and then he disappeared and was replaced with Toga and she was torturing me again a-and I was all alone and I w-was too weak to get away from her." I feel a tear run down my face and feel arms around me.

"You will never have to see him again and you are NOT weak ok?" I nod my head and feel tears fall down my face so I put my hands over my face so he doesn't see how weak I am for crying. He pulls my hands away so I look at the ground but he tilts my face up towards his. I look at his crimson eyes

"I'm sorry" I mutter. He looks confused "For what?" I try to look away from him but he keeps a firm grip on my chin and makes me look at him. "For crying." His face softens and he lets go of my face and hugs me again. "You never have to be sorry for showing your emotions and nobody will ever judge you for it." I nod my head.

After a few seconds my tears stop and I don't feel sad anymore. I wipe my face, emotionless and stand up to grab something but Katsuki pulls me back down. "What was that?" I look at him and ask in my monotone voice "What do you mean?" He's still holding my wrist. "I mean what just happened you went from sad to nothing." I look at him and sigh knowing he isn't going to let go until I give him an explanation. "I don't know." I say with a shrug.

(932 words)