The Note

(Warning cutting, suicidal thoughts, harassment and the f-slur)

Todoroki POV
After class is finally over I sit in the teachers lounge and wait for Aizawa to be done with everything. Midnight comes over to me "Hey, how are you holding up?" I look her dead in the eyes and with an emotionless face I say "I'm not." Before she can respond I see Aizawa and we head outside to the car.

As we're driving Aizawa talks to me "Would you like to visit Bakugou while we're there?" I nod my head because I don't feel like speaking. We drive the rest of the way in silence.

When we arrive at the hospital we both go our separate ways because Bakugou got moved to a different room. As I'm walking down the hall I think about how this is all my fault. Once I reach Kat's room I slowly open the door.

He's still lying there asleep.Of course he's asleep what did I expect. I walk over and sit next to his bed and pull up a chair. I hold his hand and start to cry "I'm sorry I wasn't good enough to help you, I should have been stronger. Please wake up I can't live without you...I love you." I sit there crying and honestly it feels like everything that has been happening has caught up with me.

I've made my decision. I grab a sticky note and quickly write a note on it and put it in Kats hand. Then sit back in my chair and continue to cry.

I hear the door open and I feel the arms around me but I don't move or react. I feel them pull me up and pull me away from Kat and feel his hand fall out of mine. I feel them guiding me to the car and the drive there. Although I acknowledge everything happening it still feels distant, like it's another person's life instead of my own.

I walk into my room and sit on my bed. I sit there dazed off and then get up and get my blade. I already know what's about to happen. I slice my arm up and down, still dazed off. I finally come to my senses and look at my arms which are a bloody mess. I once again clean them and sit back down on my bed.

I hear Aizawa knock on my door and he comes in. "How are you doing kid you seemed off on the ride back." I daze off because I can't trust my emotions right now. If I start to talk I might cry.

He comes over and sits down next to me. "Why don't you come and eat something." I shake my head because I'm honestly not hungry. I miss Kat... and just like that I start to cry. Shit I feel arms wrap around me and I cry harder. "Can I just be alone right now." He nods and leaves.

I don't even acknowledge how much time has passed but I see something fly in through the window. I see that it's a crumpled piece of paper and I walk over to pick it up. When I uncrumple the paper I see one word on it. I fall to the floor and start shaking uncontrollably. I hadn't noticed I was screaming until Aizawa and Mic run in.

Aizawa POV
Mic and I are eating dinner and talking about everything that been going on when we hear a scream from upstairs. We run upsatairs and see Shoto on the floor shaking and crying. I crouch next to him but it's obvious he can't see either of us. "Hey kid what happened." I shake him a little bit he still doesn't move.

Mic picks up a note and turns it to me. I look at the piece of paper and see the word f*ggot written on it. I immediately feel immense hate for whoever did this to Shoto. There's only one person it could have been Mineta. I feel my rage rising but it's interrupted by Mic "Shota look." I turn towards Shoto and frost creeping around his body. His quirk activated if he doesn't shut it off he could go into hypothermic shock. I use my quirk and shut of his.

"Mic get a blanket!" He comes back with a blanket and I wrap it around Shoto. We sit there for over ten minutes waiting for Shoto to come back until he finally snaps out of it.

"Aizawa..Mic" I hug him tight "Thank god you're okay." He seems surprised but doesn't pull away. Then he starts crying again "Is it true?" I pick up on what he means and hug him tighter "No of course not and whoever wrote that will be punished."

I feel my rage return and know that Mineta is about to regret what he did to Shoto. Shoto still seems shaken up but he's calmed down a little. Shoto is a calm kid so something that small wouldn't have shaken him up this bad. Maybe everything that's been happening is catching up to him.

"Do you want us to leave you alone or stay here?" He just shakes his head and clings onto me. We all sit there together until I realize Shoto fell asleep. I pick him up and gently lay him on his bed. We both leave and head downstairs. "I can't believe a kid his age has to go through all this." Mic just nods. "You seem tired Shota let's go to bed." We both head up and I try to fall asleep but I can't stop thinking about Shoto. I feel myself finally drift off and let my worries fade away.

(949 words)