Pain

Todoroki POV
All I see is darkness until my mother appears in front of me. "Mom" I yell and start running toward her then she turns toward me. She has a psychotic grin on her face and then I hear the kettle whistle. She grabs it off the stove and pours it onto my face and calls me a disgrace. That one word echos around in this black void along with a few other words "Disgrace, Weak, Ruined, Hopeless, Disappoint."

I wake up to see Midoriya standing over me. He seems to be staring at me. I blush lightly but I don't think he noticed. He sees my eyes open and a big smile appears on his face. "What happened" I ask. I feel numb to the world and strangely distant. He tells me about our walk. I immediately feel bad that he carried me all this way to school.

I push myself up off the bed and all of the pain comes rushing back as I'm pushed into reality. My chest and arm are killing me and my head is screaming. I fall back into the bed. He looks at me worried "Todoroki are you alright?" I nod ever so slightly and even that small movement sends waves of pain throughout my body. It takes every fiber of my being to keep my emotionless mask on so he doesn't know how much pain I'm in.

Then recovery girl comes over beside my bed. She tells me about all of my injuries. 3 broken ribs! My father must have hit me harder then I thought. Speaking of which I notice the time. "Was I out all day?!" They just nod and I groan. You're so weak you couldn't even make it to school without help. Recovery girls says that I can be released after my injuries have healed. She gives me a big kiss on my forehead and a huge wave of exhaustion hits me. My eyelids feel heavy and my pain is numbed. I finally give in and fall into a deep sleep.

Midoriya POV
Todoroki wasn't awake for very long. He must be in huge amounts of pain. However he didn't seem bothered by it. Weird, I turn to recovery girl and ask how long he'll have to be in here. She says that he should be out by tomorrow. I turn around and head back to the dorms. When I get to the dorms Uraraka bombards me with questions like where I've been and where's Todoroki. I tell her that I'm tired and want to go to my room so she backs off and let's me. When I get into my room I close the door behind me and collapse on my bed. I see that it's only 4:00 so I decide to do some homework. I eventually finish all of my homework when I hear a knock on the door.

(485 words)