Resting

(I know the picture has nothing to do with the chapter but it made me laugh therefore it deserved to be here)

Bakugou POV
Sho is crying when he suddenly just stops. He sits up and wipes his face. He doesn't have any emotions on his face and he tries to stand but I make him sit down. "What was that?" He asks what I mean in his monotone voice. At this point I'm very worried about him. When I ask him again he just says I don't know. "Sho normal people don't go from having a mental breakdown to suddenly being fine and numb." He just shrugs.

"It's how I've always been otherwise I would be beaten because he said emotions were just a distraction." I hug him tight but he doesn't hug me back. "You should go back to sleep" I push him to lay back down but he stands up and walks away. "Where are you going?" He gets on the ground and starts to stretch. "What the hell are you doing?" He just continues "Training" I grab him "Um I think the fuck not, you need to rest which means no training."

"But I need to get stronger." I pull him towards the bed. "Sho, a couple days of rest without training is good for you." He tries to fight me and I struggle a little to get him to sit down. To try to get him to calm down I lay next to him and he eventually stops fidgeting but his eyes are still wide open and whenever he starts to drift off he shakes himself back awake.

"Why won't you sleep?" He sighs "Because he might blow the door down." He mumbles. I think he's more tired than I thought because he isn't making sense. "Who?" I ask already knowing who "My dad." So he's scared to sleep because of his dad?!? I tense up and feel my anger rise. He must have noticed because he pulls away from me seeming scared. I calm down and hug him again. "There's no reason to be scared, I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere so you can go to sleep." Eventually he falls asleep and I'm left with my thoughts.

Todoroki POV
After what felt like my hundredth nap that day I get sick of it and get out of bed and walk downstairs. I lean against the wall a few times to regain my balance but eventually make it to the living room where I see Kat sitting on the sofa. I sneak up behind him and grab his shoulders and laugh when he jumps. "You have to work on paying attention to your surroundings." He glares at me "I'm sorry I thought I could relax for five minutes without something else crazy happening."

I laugh and lean against the sofa feeling lightheaded. Kat is next to me in a second and he picks me up and sits me on the sofa and then cuddles up next to me. "Stay here for a sec." He gets up and heads to the kitchen. The clock reads 6 and I feel worried because school usually ends earlier but then I remember that Aizawa and Mic are on patrol so they won't be back til late.

Kat comes back with a glass of water and some medicine. He hands me the glass and the medicine. "That should help with your head and dizziness." I smirk at him. "Since when did you care so much?" He blushes "Shut up and take your medicine."

I take it and drink all the water and then lean back still feeling tired. "How is it that I'm still tired." He sits back next to me "Might have something to do with the sleeping pills you're taking and the fact that you're still healing." He cuddles next to me and I rest my head on his.

He holds up a remote "What do you want to watch?" I look confused. "I never really had time to watch TV because my father said it was useless and wasted time that could be used for training." We look for something to watch for a while and settle on something called Frozen II.

During the beginning credits Kat disappears into the kitchen and returns with a bowl of popcorn. I look at it hesitantly and then eat some of it. It tastes better than I thought and we cuddle next to each other eating our popcorn and watching our movie. I feel so happy like I don't have a care in the world and like I could take on the world as long as I have Kat beside me.

I'm enjoying the movie and feel like nothing could ruin my mood until Aizawa comes in, obviously panicked which is rare for him. "Both of you go upstairs, lock the door and hide." I stand up and almost fall over but get caught by Kat. "Whats going on?" He looks away as if he's hiding something or doesn't want to tell me. He must have seen how worried I was because he says in a quiet voice. "Endeavors coming." My eyes widen and I feel a chill run down my spine.

Kat picks me up bridal style and carries me to my room and locks the door as well and barricades it with my dresser. We sit in the closet which is big enough to fit both of us and I cuddle with Katsuki and I can tell even he's terrified.

I start to overthink about all the horrible things that could happen: This is why I shouldn't have come here, I only cause problems. What if someone gets hurt because of me...what if he finds me, what would he do to Kat? As if sensing my thoughts, Kat holds me closer "Don't worry the pros will handle him." But what if they can't?

(966 words)