Thanks Midoriya

Midoriya POV
Why can't I sleep...I can't stop thinking about Todoroki and his injuries...I'm so tired...I feel sick. "Maybe checking into him will ease my mind."

~time skip to outside of Recovery Girls office~

When I knock no one answers I don't know what I was expecting since it's 3 in the morning I slowly open the door, as I walk into the room I see Todoroki laying on one of the beds. He seems fine until I get closer and then I see that the room is a mess. Part of the bed and the floor are covered in ice and frost and the walls have scorch marks on them. Todoroki is shaking violently and sweating. What do I do? I go up to Todoroki and put my hand on his shoulder and then quickly pull it back because of how hot it is. I slowly shake him Todoroki, Todoroki!"

His eyes shoot open and he bolt upright breathing heavily. "Hey it's ok." He looks at me and in his eyes I see fear? "Is it really you Midoriya?" I look at him confused "Of course it's me, don't worry you're safe." He holds his head in his hands still breathing heavily then he looks around the room. "Did I do this?" He points at the wall and the floor. "Yes I just came in to check on you and found it like this." He starts shaking again and without thinking I wrap my arms around him and pull him close "It's ok it was an accident nobody got hurt."

Todoroki POV
I lost control of my quirk...I could have hurt someone...I'm so weak...they're right I'm just a failure...Midoriya could have gotten hurt. I didn't realize I was shaking until I feel arms wrap me in a hug, I look up and see Midoriya "It's ok it was an accident nobody got hurt" I have flashbacks of my mother when she would comfort me after training.

I slowly calm down and get my breathing under control. As I calm down and the adrenaline leaves me and all the pain comes rushing back "Agh!" Midoriya releases me and looks at me worried "Todoroki are you ok?" I try my best to keep the pain out of my voice "I'm fine Midoriya" there's a slight tremble to my voice but I don't think he noticed. I'm focusing on taking deep breaths and keeping a neutral face when I hear Midoriya gasp "Todoroki your arm!" I look down and see the bandages on my arm soaked in blood.

That should have at least been healed enough to be covered so why is it bleeding, well I have enough expertise with bandages to be able to fix it myself. I slowly try to stand but but the pain in my ribs is too much and I'm forced to sit before I collapse. Fuck.

"Hey Midoriya can you look around for some bandages and paper towels?" He nods and quickly acquires both. "Shouldn't Recovery Girl do this?" He looks concerned "Midoriya it's 3 in the morning I can't wait and I don't want to wake up Recovery Girl if I can just do it myself." I slowly unwrap the bandage "You might want to look away" he doesn't so I completely unwrap my arm and reveal that it's covered in blood and pus from an infection. I take a wet pap art towel and get to work cleaning it, I bite my lip so I don't cry out. After it's cleaned I swiftly and gracefully wrap my arm back up. "That should last until at least morning"

Midoriya POV
I watch Todoroki wrap his arm up and after he finishes throwing away the paper towels rewrapping the leftover bandages back up he turns to me "You should probably go back to your dorm and get some sleep Midoriya." He's back to his normal emotionless face with no sign of pain or his breakdown from earlier "How about I stay here in case you have another nightmare." He hesitates and I thought I saw a glimpse of fear cross his face but it disappears just as quick "I could never ask you to do that you should go sleep in your dorm." "I really don't mind Todoroki I'll be right back I'm just going to get a pillow." I rush out the door and hurry to my dorm.

Todoroki POV
Midoriya walks out the door and I watch him go. I'm so weak I shouldn't need to bother Midoriya with my problems but, he's so sweet I can't believe he cares about me, nobody has ever treated me like he does. What if I lose control and hurt him in my sleep. Midoriya walks back in with a pillow and a blanket "Are you ok your shaking again Todoroki" I hadn't noticed "I'm fine but are you sure your ok with sleeping here?" He looks at me like I'm being silly "At least sleep on the bed so you don't have to sleep in a chair" I motion beside me "Are you sure?" He looks at me and I think he might be blushing I just nod so he comes and slowly climbs in beside me. I move over and before long he falls asleep. I wrap my arm around him and with him beside me I feel safer so I fall asleep as well.

(908 words)