Twenty Nine

I wake up bright and early on Monday morning to grab breakfast with Ashley downstairs before rehearsal.

"I'm so excited to see our outfits!" Ashley squeals as the elevator doors open to the lobby.

I chuckle at her enthusiasm "me too, Ariana said they look amazing"

"Im surprised she hasn't shown them to you yet, considering you guys are together and all" she teases.

I shrug "she wanted it to be a secret so I stopped bugging her about it, i'm actually surprised that she didn't give in and end up showing me "

Ashley stops in the middle of the lobby and smiles at me. I quirk about eyebrow at her in response "what?"

"Nothing, I'm just happy you didn't get upset when I teased you about ari" she says.

I cackle "yeah, I'm sorry for doing that it's just that I was in denial for my feelings for Ariana but now that we're together...I really couldn't care less about what people think because she makes me a better person and I love her so mu-" I stop mid sentence as I realize what I said.

Her mouth gapes open "oh my gooooshhh have you told her?" She coo's.

I rub my neck in nervousness as we start to walk again and grab breakfast "no...it's too soon"

"Cut the bullshit, if you love her then tell her! She probably feels the same, love is not a game, you can't control it...it's mysterious and powerful, you don't choose when you love someone, it just happens and if it's real then there's no such thing as too soon or too late" she sympathizes.

I grin "thanks ash, I know I just...Ariana and I have known each other for about two months now and we've only been dating for three weeks...I don't want to scare her off especially since I'm her first partner since Mac and that didn't go so well"

Ashley nods "I get it, take your time..I'm sorry I didn't mean to rush you or anything"

I place a piece of bacon on my plate with a smile "no worries ash, I'll tell her I just want to give it a bit more time, unless she says it first"

My roommate nods and walks alongside me to an empty table.

"Alright, well I'm happy for you guys, y'all are super cute, did you talk to her about the publicity thing? I've been seeing a lot of news articles and twitter and Instagram posts about you guys" the curly haired Latina says, taking a forkful of her eggs and chomping them down.

My eyes widen at the new information "wait, seriously? I didn't even know, I don't really use my social medias other than to post"

Ashley snickers "damn, do you have your notifications turned off too? Everyone's been tagging you in shit, even the crew"

I gasp "holy crap I think I do have them turned off, lemme see" I go to my Twitter and Instagram and turn on my notifications.

My phone rings like crazy.

The Miami native in front of me chuckles "here, give me your phone"

I hand her my device with hesitation "why?"

"I know a way you-HOLY SHIT YOURE VERIFYED!" She shouts. A few heads of our fellow diners turn at her sudden outburst.

I apologize to several before cheering along with my co-dancer. "I can't believe I am, I hope I'm not getting all the fame because of Ariana though...I don't want people to think I'm using her"