-29-

[Hi there! I'm sad to say that the next chapter will be the final chapter so it may take me slightly longer to write, since I need to make sure the ending is good enough for me to feel satisfied with how this story played out. This chapter, as all of them have been, is just some fluff for you to enjoy. Anyways, I'll stop talking now and just let you read since that's what you came for :>

~Author]

Viktor heard the door open but was slightly disoriented and didn't really register that his boyfriend had come home.

He was completely exhausted and wasn't sure why. He had gone to work as usual in the morning but the hours felt like days. Time moved so slowly and it was agonising. He just lay still on the bed, too tired to move.

"Hi." Yuuri said, in a sweet tone as he walked into their bedroom.

He saw Viktor turn around and immediately saw the paleness in his face.

"A-are you okay?"

"Hm? Oh I just feel a bit drowsy."

"Did you come home early?"

"Nope."

"Let me check something." Yuuri said as he moved closer to the other male.

He pressed his hand to Viktor's forehead.

"My love, you're sick."

Viktor's pupils went wide for a split second until he realised.

"That... makes sense."

"When was the last time you had a fever?"

"I don't know honestly. I don't get sick very often."

"Well, I'll go get a thermometer, to check your temperature."

Viktor didn't really mind being sick but was slightly irritated by the fact work would be more difficult and he would constantly feel exhausted.

Yuuri walked back in and took Viktor's temperature.

"Oof. It's kind of high."

"I never thought I would hear you say 'oof'." Viktor said, through a smirk.

"Never mind that, you should get some rest."

"But-"

"Nope. You need to sleep. I can only imagine how tired you are after working all day."

"True..."

"Hey Yuuri,"

"Yes?"

"I like this side of you. Well I love all of you but still." Viktor said before drifting off to sleep.

Yuuri was left staring at his boyfriend, face flushed and in awe.

He snapped out of his daze and went to shop for ingredients to make food that would help soothe a fever.

Yuuri didn't really like to use medicine unless he desperately needed to but he bought some just in case.

He arrived back home and started putting the items in the correct places.

Viktor was still sound asleep and Yuuri decided to join him in his slumber since it was getting late.

The next morning, Yuuri woke up to find a distressed Viktor in the midst of a dream, or rather, nightmare.

He gently shook his boyfriend to wake him up and lo and behold Viktor opened his eyes.

His breathing was quite ragged and heavy.