Chapter 4

As the three of you arrived at the mall you took a deep breath. Billy held your hand as the three of you walked into the mall. Luckily Scoops Ahoy! was on the first floor because Max started to run ahead of you. You grabbed Billy's arm and started laughing as you saw Max running ahead of the two of you. Before you got to Scoops Ahoy! You made Billy promise you that you would do the talking and to act completely normal before you told Steve. You made Max promise the same thing.

As the three of you arrived at Scoops Ahoy! You noticed Steve trying to talk to some girls. He had been striking out with every girl he talked to since him and Nancy broke up Halloween night. You felt bad for your childhood best friend. Sure he could be a little dorky at times, but that's what you loved about him.

You watched the two girls he was talking to walk away laughing. "Hey Harrington!" Billy yelled as Steve looked over at the three of you.

"(Y/N) what brings you to scoops?" Steve asked you. "Bring Max here for some ice cream and to see you strike out on another girl" you said well trying to hold back laughter. "He's 0-6 right now" Robin shouted from the back. Billy couldn't help but start dying of laughter. You gently smacked him on the arm. "Is that just from today?" You hollered at Robin "Yea it's just from today and it's not even 8PM yet" Robin yelled back at you, which made Billy laugh even harder. "Tough brake Harrington, I could give you some pointers" Billy said well wiping away tears from laughing.

"Alright now that you have seen me in all of my shame what can I get for you guys" Steve asked as he rolled his eyes at Billy's comment. "I'll have an ice cream sundae" Max said excitedly. She doesnt get to eat ice cream much. Usually only if she goes to the mall with you or if Billy and you decide to take her to the mall together. "What about you Hargrove" Steve asks. "I'll take a chocolate milkshake Harrington" said Billy. Billy and Steve insisted on still referring to each other by their last names. "What can I get for the biggest smartass here" Steve asked well looking at you. "I'll take a peanut butter milkshake asshole" you said well trying to hold back your laughter. "Alright that will be $6 and I'll make those and bring the out to your table." Steve said. "Thanks Steve" you said well Billy paid the bill. The three of you walked to your usual table. "Hey Robin, after I make these I'm taking my break. You'll have to do some work" Steve yelled to Robin. "I figured asshole" said Robin well flipping Steve off.

The three of you sat down in your usual table. Max sat on one side of the table and you and Billy sat on the other side. "Alright here's your ice cream" Steve said well walking up from behind the counter with the tray of ice cream in his hand. "Thanks Steve" said Max well grabbing for her sundae. "Thanks Harrington" said Billy well grabbing the two milkshakes off the tray. He handed you yours as he began to enjoy his milkshake.

"You ok (Y/N) you look like you need to tell me something" Steve said with a confused look as he sat down at the table. He knew you way to well. He always knew when something was going on. You sighed and looked over at Billy and Max. "Well Steve, how would you feel if I was dating someone?" You asked Steve. "Are you dating Hargrove? You know you can tell me." Steve said well trying to read your facial expressions. "What if I was dating Billy? " you asked. "Well I would say even though I didnt like Hargrove in the beginning, no offence Hargrove. I'd say someway you have almost tamed him. You mellow him out. So I would have to say that if you are dating Hargrove, I would say that it is about damn time." Steve said honestly. "Why does everyone keep saying that it's about time" you asked confused. "Look (Y/N) I've known you since we were practically in diapers. You might be able to lie to yourself but you can't lie to me. I've seen the way the two of you look at each other, after the two of you became close friends he stopped trying to get into every girls pants. He was to busy hanging out with you. Isnt that right Hargrove." Steve asked. "Yea, I guess it is Harrington, i guess it is. I care a lot about (Y/N) and I'm glad she gave me a chance. Even if she turned me into a softy." Billy said well kissing your cheek. "I'm happy for the both of you, but I swear Hargrove if you hurt her I will break your nose" said Steve. "I'll try to hold him down for you Steve" Max said well eating her ice cream. "I won't hurt her. She is my princess and I intend to treat her as such. Besides Harrington I think you and I both know she would win in a fight over me before you ever could" Billy said well laughing which caused everyone else to laugh.

The four of you finished talking and let Steve get back to work. Billy, Max and you decided to go ahead and go back to the car. "I think that went well, what do you think princess?" Billy asked well kissing your hand. "Yeah I think it did babe. Especially you telling Steve that I would win in a fight before he could" you said well giggling. "Do you want to stay at my house tonight? Dad and Susan wont be home until tomorrow." Billy asked on the car ride home. "Yeah that sounds nice, besides someone has to try to keep Max out of trouble" you said well looking at Max. The three of you got back to the house and Max went to her room. You decided to call your parents to let them know you were watching Max with Billy since his dad and Susan were out of town again. They had no problem with you staying the night there since Billy stayed at your parents half the time anyways. You headed to Billy's room and saw him laying in his bed with just his boxers on. You decided to change into one of Billy's old tshirts and your underwear. He scooted over in bed to make room for you. You turned the lights off and laid in bed with him. He put his thumb on your chin and began to kiss you. The two of you began to make out but the both of you decided you still wanted to take it slow because this was the first relationship Billy has ever truly had where he cared about a girl and he didnt want to ruin it. After the two of you stopped making out you cuddled in each others arms and fell asleep.