Chapter 18

The next morning Billy woke up early. He had barely slept the night before. He continued to replay in his mind what happened that night. He got up and he went to the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror. He looked pale, which unusual since he always had a sun kissed tan.

He tried to shrug it off and wait for you to get up so he could talk to you. He went back into the kitchen to get something to eat. Nothing sounded good to him. He kept hearing a faint voice in his head telling him to eat the chemicals that you stored under the kitchen sink. As he was getting ready to drink some of the chemicals he heard footsteps coming from the bedroom. He set the bottle of chemicals back under the sink and turned around to see you staring at him.

"Where were you last night? You never came to bed baby." You said with sadness present in your voice. "I'm sorry princess. You were already asleep when I got home. I...I didnt want to wake you up." Billy said nervously. "Baby what's wrong. You sound nervous.  You know you can tell me anything. Did...did something happen last night?" You asked worried now. "I...I dont know how to explain it. He's back. I...I need you to stay away from me. Go to your parents. Somewhere. Anywhere. Just as long as you're safe and away from me." Said Billy as tears began to stream down his face. "I dont know what the hell happened to you last night but I'm not going anywhere. I need you to tell me what happened." Billy couldn't tell you. That faint voice inside his head wasnt allowing him to tell you. "Just leave!" Yelled Billy. "I have to go pick up Max and El for a girls day but this conversation isnt over. Not by a long shot!" You spat as tears threatened to spill from your eyes. You quickly grabbed your keys, cigarette, and lighter off the kitchen table. You angerly opened the door slamming it behind you. "What the fuck did you do to my truck!" You yelled causing Billy to jump from inside the cabin. He knew you were angry and it broke his heart.

You walked over to examine the crack on the windshield. You noticed a slime like substance on it. "No, it...it cant be. Shit, shit, shit." You mumbled to yourself. You quickly got into your car and sped out down the driveway as Billy watched you leave knowing it was all for the best.

You picked up Max first then went to the cabin to pick up El. "We need to talk. El, I need you to go into the void and see what happened to Billy last night." El grabbed your bandana you had in your car and placed it over her eyes. You quickly turned the radio so it was playing nothing but static. As she entered the void she saw Billy back at the cabin but something was blocking her from seeing what happened. She took the blindfold off and wiped her nose. "What did you see." You asked. "I couldnt see anything. Something isnt allowing me to see." Said E

Billy went to work. His heart still breaking. When he got up to the lifeguard stand being in the sun he started to feel dizzy and sick to his stomach which was out of sorts for Billy who loved the sun. He was dripping in sweat. He quickly ran down the life guard stand as he saw Heather Holloway coming to relieve him from his post. "Are you ok Billy?" Heather asked. Billy just pushed past her and made his way to the locker room.

He got into the shower. As the warm water hit him it burned. He began to have flashbacks again as to the events that occurred the night before. He winced in pain. He didnt realize Heather came to check on him. "Take me to him." Said Heather. Or so Billy thought. "What did you say?" Billy asked. "I said are you ok?" Heather asked again. Billy grabbed her wrist and took her to the truck. "I just, I just need to leave. Will you come back to my place with me. I dont know if I will be able to take care of myself." Said Billy being controlled. Billy and Heather left in the truck back to the cabin.

You decided it was best to keep what you knew to yourself for right now as you didnt want to worry everyone. You knew what Billy ment by 'he's back'. The three of you decided to go back to the pool to go check on Billy but he wasnt there. You decided it was best to go back to Hoppers cabin and stay there for now. You didn't know what Billy was capable of but one thing you did know was you had to save him at all costs.