Chapter 24

Billy and you didnt get much sleep the night before. You looked over at your clock on your bedside table. It read 7:00am. Billy kept screaming in his sleep last night. He had bad nightmares of all the events that occurred the past few days. You kept trying to coo him back to sleep and comfort him. He needed you more than ever now.

"Billy." You cooed as you gently shook him. You saw his eyes slowly flutter open. "Hmm." Said Billy. "We need to get up baby. My parents are picking us up in an hour to take us to breakfast then drop us off to pick up your car." You said. Billy nodded his head.

The two of you decided to go take a shower. You threw Billy's bloody clothes in the trash from the night before.

As the two of you were in the shower you examined his chest. His wounds were almost completely gone. All that remained was just small little cuts from where the tentacles got him. "I'm fine princess." Said Billy as he noticed you staring. "I know." You said giving a half smile.

After the two of you got done with the shower and put clean clothes on you packed up the few last minute essentials in the suitcases. You decided to pack the photo album filled with the pictures of Billy and you from the past year. You hid the photo album under some of your clothes so Billy didnt see.

You had talked to Max a few weeks ago and she gave you a phone number of one of Billy's mom's friends. His moms friend ended up giving you the address of Billy's mom. You told her friend not to say anything to Billy's mom as you wanted to surprise the both of them. You knew how much Billy had missed his mom.

You quickly zipped the suitcases up and Billy grabbed them and placed them by the front door. He stepped outside to smoke a cigarette still trying to process everything that had happened the past few days. As he thought about everything tears began to well up in his eyes.

He walked back inside. You were standing over by the couch. He walked over to you and hugged you. He nuzzled his head in your neck softly crying. "I'm sorry princess." Sobbed Billy. All you could do was slowly rub circles on his back and tell him everything will be alright. That it wasnt his fault. Even if he thought it all was.

Shortly after there was a knock at the door. Billy froze for a moment. "Shit! Your parents dont know yet about the baby. Are we going to tell them yet?" Billy asked nervously. Even though he knew your parents liked him, he was still worried what they would think about him now that their daughter is pregnant. "Baby, we will tell them when the time is right. But lets at least wait until I begin to show." You said before opening the door.

You let your parents inside the cabin. Your dad and Billy carried the bags to the vehicle well you and your mom followed. Billy quickly ran back inside because he almost forgot his surf board. He placed it in the vehicle after he locked the cabin up.

"Wheres the truck?" Your dad asked as he pulled out of the driveway. "A deer ran out in front of us and cracked the winshield." You said quickly. Your dad gave you a small nod as he continued driving.

Your dad drove to your favorite diner. After the four of you sat down at your usual booth you discussed what you wanted to see well you were in California. Billy explained to your parents that he wanted to teach you how to surf well you were there. Your parents knew that you had the address of Billy's moms house but they were both told to stay quiet about it since it was a surprise.

After breakfast your parents dropped the two of you off at the body shop. You walked inside to pay for the work they did. They were also going to fix your truck. You couldnt just leave your truck at the mall last night so you had it towed to the body shop to get it repaired.

When you walked out of the office you saw Billy looking his Camaro over. "I missed you baby." Said Billy. "So you're cheating on me, with your car?" You joked causing Billy to roll his eyes and let out a small laugh. It was good to see him laugh, even if it was a small laugh. You tossed him the keys. "Do you have everything loaded up?" You asked. Billy nodded tossing the keys back to you. "Dont you want to drive?" You asked. "How about we take turns. Besides. You're the only other person I trust driving my baby." Said Billy as he opened the drivers side door to let you get in. You readjusted the seat and the mirrors since you were shorter then Billy. Billy got into the passenger's seat and decided to recline the seat back to take a nap.