Chapter 20

After you got done throwing up you walked back into the bedroom to find no Billy. You quickly threw clothes on to see the truck was gone but you could almost feel his presence still with you. Weird.

You walked over to the phone to call Hoppers house. "Hello?" El said. "El, I need you and Max to get over here now.  Code red. Do you copy code red." You said before hanging up the phone. El looked over at Max. "We need to go (Y/N) is in trouble." Said El. "Shit, alright come on." Said Max as she ran to the front door.

The girls made it over to the cabin. You were sitting on the couch when they walked inside. As soon as El entered the cabin she could feel something was off. Max and El ran over to you and gave you a hug. You hugged them back tight. El's eyes grew wide when she hugged you. She realized what was wrong in that moment.

"What happened?" Max asked. "Billy was here last night. He was himself again. Only for a short time though. When I woke up this morning the mindflayer took him back over." You sighed. "(Y/N) did the two of you?" Max asked. You couldnt look the two girls in the eyes. You just nodded your head.

El grabbed Max's arm and pulled her into the bathroom to talk. You knew that El knew something and you wanted to find out what it was. After the girls locked the bathroom door you quietly walked over to the door and put your ear up against it so you could hear everything they were saying.

"She's pregnant. When I walked into the house I knew something was wrong. That child she's carrying is part mindflayer." Said El. "What if she's not connected to the mindflayer though?" Max asked. "She might be and this might be a trick. But she has powers, I can feel it. I just dont know what sort of powers they are." Said El. "It likes it cold. That's what Mrs. Byers said last year. Have her take a hot shower, if she's being controlled by the mindflayer then we will know." Said Max.

You could hear the girls unlocking the door so you quickly ran to the bedroom to pretend you were getting some stuff out of there. Another wave of nausea hit you so as the girls were walking out of the bathroom you quickly ran in. As you were getting sick Max and El held your hair back and rubbed circles on your back.

"Why dont you take a shower that might help you feel better." Said Max sweetly. You knew what the girls said but you also knew it was best to do it for their safety.

They walked out of the bathroom and waited for you to take a shower. You decided to grab your swimsuit incase the girls came barging in as soon as you turned the water on. You hid the swimsuit under your clean clothes. You turned the knob so it was on hot. You let the water warm up as you put your swimsuit on. As soon as the girls heard the curtian close they busted into the bathroom. Nothing happened. You didnt scream in pain from the heat. You werent connected to the mindflayer like Billy was. Maybe you can use that to your advantage. You thought.

You peaked your head out from behind the curtian. "Relax guys I know you just wanted me to take a shower just incase I'm connected to the mindflayer because I'm pregnant with a child that's part mindflayer. And what do you mean powers?" You asked as you turned off the water stepping out of the shower. The girls eyes widened. "Umm we're not sure." Said El. "Wait you heard that?" Asked Max. "Friends dont lie." You said plainly.

As Max handed you a towel you saw images flash through your head of Billy in a sauna crying out in pain. You froze instantly. Could this be a power El was talking about. "What's wrong?" Max asked concerned. "Umm I'm not sure." You admitted. You didnt lie because in truth you werent sure. The girls stepped outside of the bathroom so you could change.

You opened the bathroom door to see the girls waiting for you. "I need you girls to stay here where it's safe. Max, you know how to use a gun right?" You asked hesitantly. Max nodded her head. "I need you girls to stay safe. I have to go. I'll be back. I just need to check something out." You said wrapping your arms around the girls.