Chapter 5

You woke up to Billy snoring and glanced at the clock beside Billy's bed. It was 5:30am. Billy had his arm wrapped around you so you carefully moved his arm off of you and got up out of bed careful not to wake him. "Shit" you quietly said. You forgot that you didnt have any workout clothes at his house so you grabbed a pair of Billy's old gym shorts and one of his old shirts for gym from high school. Luckily you knew which drawer in his dresser the clothes were in. You quickly changed and decided to leave a note on the pillow beside Billy. Babe I left to go to the gym to train for the match tomorrow. I might be there for awhile so if you get up and I am not back meet me at the gym.

You quietly left careful not to close the door to hard to wake Max and Billy. You know how they both get if they are woken up at such an ungodly hour as they both like to say. You lit up a cigarette. "Damn it" you said to yourself. You forgot that Billy drove which ment you didnt have your truck. You decided to take off walking to the gym. Luckily the gym was not that far away. You headed down the road and decided to swing by the 24 hour diner on the way to grab a cup of coffee. You always had to have your morning cup of coffee.

After getting your coffee from the diner you finally made it to the gym. You checked your watch as you got to the parking lot. Your watch read 6am which is what time the gym opens. You make your way into the gym and head to the locker room to grab your gear out of the locker. You put your boxing gloves on and decided to hit the punching bag first to warm up. "Great form (Y/N) said Jerry, the owner of the gym. "Thanks Jerry." You said. After you spent about 20 minutes on the punch bag you decided to go ahead and get in the ring. Jerry helped train you so he would always get in the ring with you. "Are you ready for the match tomorrow (Y/N)?" Asked Jerry. "Yeah I guess I am, I'm just nervous." You said nervously. "You have nothing to be nervous about. You have this match in the bag. From what I know about this girl your fighting is that she has only been training for a year so she doesn't have all of the skills you have."Jerry said with a half smile. "Thanks Jerry. It's just $10,000 is a lot of money and I could really use it." You said with a half smile. "Just trust me (Y/N) everything will be fine." Jerry said well trying to throw a jab at you. "Thanks Jerry" you said well dodging his jab.

You and Jerry continued to box for awhile longer. You were so focused that you didnt even realize Billy came into the gym. "Looking good princess. I think those clothes look better on you then they do me" Billy said well trying to sneak up on you. When you heard Billy's voice you turned around losing your focus and got hit with a jab by Jerry. "Let's stop for now (Y/N)." Said Jerry. "What time is it?" You asked well looking at Billy. "It's 9am princess. Have you had anything to eat yet?" Billy said smiling at you. You got out of the ring and walked towards him. "I haven't had anything to eat yet but I did stop by the diner and got a cup of coffee." You said well trying to give him a hug. "You stink princess. Go hit the shower and then we will go get breakfast." Billy said well smiling at you. "Alright baby, and dont forget I have to babysit the party today. We will probably go to the arcade like usual or possibly play D&D. Do you want to come help me? We can talk to the party together about our relationship. " you said with a half smile. "Let me think on it well you are in the shower princess. I just dont think they like me" Billy said sadly. "They will like you Billy, you have changed so much since you first came to Hawkins" you said as you gave Billy a kiss on the cheek. "Go shower princess" Billy said as he kissed your forehead.

You headed towards the locker room to go take a shower. You always kept some extra clothes at the gym in your locker to change into. "Guess I'm going to need to bring some more clothes with me tomorrow, this is my last pair of clothes in here" you mumbled to yourself as you closed your locker door. After you got done getting your shower and changing your clothes you made your way out of the locker room. When you walked back out to the gym looking for Billy. He was no longer standing over by the ring. "He went outside to wait on you" you heard Jerry say from across the room. "Thanks Jerry. I'll see you tomorrow for the match" you said before walking out the doors to the parking lot.

As you walked out the door you saw Billy pacing around his car mumbling to himself. You could hear him say "those kids hate me. Max is starting to warm up to me but that's because I'm hardly ever home anymore. I dont know how to get those kids to like me. I want them to like me for (Y/N)'s sake but I dont think that will ever happen." You made your way over to him and as he saw you his face got red and he got embarrassed because he figured you had heard a good portion of what was said. "How much of that did you hear?" Billy asked well rubbing the back of his neck. "About how the kids hate you but I think we can change that. Come babysit with me and show them that you have changed." You pleaded. "Alright fine. You talked me into it. I will help you babysit. But I'm still taking you to get breakfast first. We can pick up Max from the house and then head to the diner." Billy said well wrapping his strong arms around you. He knew how you were if you didn't eat after going to the gym. You would become hangry and he was a little afraid of you when you became hangry so to avoid that he would make you eat after the gym. You got into the passenger side of the car and Billy got into the drivers side and turned the key in the ignition.

The car ride wasn't long, you got to Billy's house to pick Max up in about 5 minutes. Billy blew his horn and Max came running outside. He already told her that he was coming to grab her for breakfast before he left to get you. You got out so Max could get into the back. Your glad that Billy's and Max's relationship has gotten better. She was starting to feel like she actually had a brother. Max owed it all to you. When you and Billy became friends he would begin to have conversations with her and ask her how her day was.

All three of you arrived at the diner and got out of the vehicle and headed inside. "Billy, I'm going to use their phone really quick to call Nancy and see if all the boys spent the night. I'll meet you at the booth" you said well kissing him on the cheek.

You dialed up the Wheeler house. "Hello?" Said Nancy. "Nancy, it's (Y/N) are all the boys at the house?" You asked. "Yeah, all the boys are here, we will see you at 11. They said that they wanted to play a campaign today." Nancy said well chuckling. "Alright Nancy. We will be there at 11. I'm bringing Max and Billy." You said. "Wait! You're bringing Billy with you?" Said Nancy worriedly. "Nancy, Billy has changed." You said defensively. "I know he has but the boys still have to warm up to him. They are still uneasy around him" Nancy said sighing. "I know that is why I want him to come. Maybe get into the campaign with us. Then hopefully the kids will start to warm up to him. I want them to get along with my boyfriend." You said. "Wait boyfriend?" Nancy said surprised. "Yes, boyfriend. He asked me to be his girlfriend" you said well trying not to blush. "I need details when you come over!" Nancy said demandingly. "Alright I'll give you details when we get there." You said. "Alright I will see you at 11" Nancy said. "Bye Nancy" you said before hanging up the phone. "Bye (Y/N)" Nancy said before hanging up. You and Nancy were always close. Not as close as you and Steve or even you and Billy but the two of you were close.

You headed back to the booth and sat next to Billy. "I already ordered food for you princess. I assumed you wanted your usual" Billy said well kissing you on the cheek. Just as Billy got done giving you a kiss on the cheek the food arrived at the table. The three of you quickly ate and then decided to head back to the car after paying.

"We are heading to Mike's. All the boys are there" you said as you got into the car. "Do you think they will be ok with me there" Billy asked nervously. "It should be fine baby. But I will have to talk to Nancy for a few minutes when we get there though." You said as he put his hand on your thigh. "You're going to leave me alone with them" Billy asked. He looked worried.  "It will be fine, you wont be alone. Max will be there" you said well turning around looking at Max. Max also had a worried expression on her face.

Billy knew that those kids ment the world to you. You and Steve use to babysit them together but now that Steve is working at the mall it has just been up to you to babysit them. You told Billy about everything; the demagorgon, El, the demo-dogs, and the upside down. He knew you wouldnt lie about something that serious. He knew that he had to prove himself to those kids because he cared so much about you but he was scared that they would only see the old Billy. The kids avoided him and it broke your heart. You were determined for the kids to like him.