Chapter 26

You woke up the next morning with Billy's arms still wrapped around you. He didnt have any nightmares last night which made you happy. He finally seemed at peace. You continued to stare at the ring Billy gave you last night. You had to call your parents and your best friend and tell them what happened but you didnt want to wake Billy up. He needed his sleep. You closed your eyes once again and fell back asleep with Billy holding you close to his chest.

Billy woke up and saw you still fast asleep next to him. He knew he had to wake you up so you could eat breakfast.   He thought more about what you had told him a few days ago about wanting to move out of Hawkins and live in California. He wanted to take you up on that offer. He had a child to think about now and he wanted to protect that child with every fiber in his body.

"Princess?" Billy cooed as he gently shook you awake. "Hmm?" You said as you slowly opened your eyes. "We need to get up. I'm going to take a quick shower then we can get breakfast, okay?" Asked Billy. You slowly nodded your head and tried to wipe the sleep from your eyes. It was the first night in a few days you had a full night sleep.

Billy jumped into the shower as you slowly rolled out of bed. You decided to call your parents and Steve and let them know Billy proposed to you. You decided to call your parents first.

You dialed their number on the phone in the room. "Hello?" Said your mom. "Mom, I have some exciting news for you. Billy proposed." You said excitedly as you stared at the ring on your finger. "Oh honey that's fantastic. When the two of you get back we will throw a party to celebrate." Said your mom. "That sounds great." You said. "How did everything work out seeing his mom?" Your mom asked. "Better than expected we spent almost the whole day with her yesterday and we are planning on seeing her again today. You should have seen the look on Billy's face when he saw her. It brought tears to my eyes how happy he was." You said. "That's great honey. I'm glad you were able to bring the two of them back together." Your mom said happily. "I am too. Is dad there?" You asked. "Just one moment I'll get him." Said your mom. After a moment your dad got on the phone. "Hey kiddo." Said your dad. "Hey dad. So I have some exciting news. Billy proposed." You said still looking down at your ring finger. "I'm happy for the both of you kiddo." Said your dad. "Thanks dad. And we spent the whole day with Billy's mom yesterday. We're going to see her again today. Billy seems  calm, happy." You said trying not to tear up. "I'm glad. He deserves happiness. The both of you do." Said your dad. "Well dad I will talk to you later. I'm going to get off the phone. I've gotta call Steve." You said before hanging up the phone.

You next dialed Steve's number. "Hello?" Said Steve sleepily. "Hey so Billy proposed." You said. "What? That's awesome. I'm happy for the two of you!" Said Steve fully awake now. "Thanks. I told my parents already and my mom said she's throwing a party when Billy and I get back in town. Hows everything going there?" You asked. "We are working on fixing Hopper's cabin so right now Hopper and El are living with the Byers. Also Hopper and Joyce finally went on a date." Said Stevd. "Wait what? About time." You said happily. "Yeah that's what the rest of us were saying too." Said Steve laughing. You heard Billy get out of the shower.  He slowly walked over to you and grabbed the phone from your hand. "Harrington." Said Billy. You rolled your eyes. You knew deep down the two of them would be great friends if they quit fighting with each other and you were right. "Hargrove. Congratulations man!" Said Steve. "Thanks Amigo!" Said Billy. "I'll see the two of you when you get back." Said Steve before hanging up the phone. Billy put the phone back down in the reciever and wrapped his arms around you.

"So what does my princess want for breakfast." Asked Billy as he began talking to your stomach still having his arms wrapped around your waist. You rolled your eyes. "Whatever you want baby. You know this place better than I do." You said. Billy licked his bottom lip with his tongue well he though about where to go. "How about this diner down by the beach? I use to go there all the time. They have the best breakfast in town." Asked Billy. "That sounds perfect." You said placing a small kiss on his lips.