Back Down Memory Lane.

This moment has been weighing heavy on my heart for quite sometime now. I don't wanna do this but it has to be done.

Preston and I have been in each other's lives since we were for years old. We were each other's first in many things, including the BIG first. The love that we have for each other is unmatched. But we're about to embark on two different journeys that are gonna take us two different places. I feel that our relationship won't be able to withstand that test.

I stood outside his door and patiently waited on him to answer it. He came out sporting his blue future Bison sweatshirt with the matching shorts and durag.

"What's up baby?"

"We need to talk." I said.

Preston closed the door behind him and walked outside. "What's on your mind?" He asked.

"I have went back and forth with this for weeks now and it's been driving me insane. And once I made my decision it hurt so more because I knew it was gonna break your heart."

"Why would my heart be broken Normani?" Preston asked.

"I'm breaking up with you."

I never knew what it was like to see someone's heart break until that moment. The look on Preston's face was indescribable. "Normani, why?" He asked.

"We're about to go to college in a few weeks that's why. You're going to Howard, I'll be down south at Spelman, there's no way we'll be able to make this work." I said.

"You're not even giving us a chance to try babe." Preston said.

"Preston there's no use in trying. We're both young and we're gonna be on our own, temptation is gonna be real. I don't wanna get a call or text from you saying you got with somebody else." I said.

"That would never happen Normani." Preston said.

"How can you be so sure?" I yelled.

"I don't even see another girls when I'm with you. You have my heart, my soul, and my body. There's no other girl out there that could make me feel the way that you do. I've loved you since I was a little boy, Normani! You're the woman I plan on spending the rest of my life with. I wanna grow old with you, you're the person I wanna take my last breath with. Normani it's you!"

"We are 17 years old!"

"That doesn't matter! My heart knows what it wants and what it wants is you. But since you don't feel the same way maybe we should call it quits right now." Preston said.

"Preston.."

Preston closed the door on me and I haven't seen or heard from him since.