Chapter Eight.

Normani's POV

I really like
What you've done to me
I can't really explain it
I'm so into you
I really like
What you've done to me
I can't really explain it
I'm so into you

Sometimes you just gotta put on the 90s r&b and just drive. It's been awhile since I paid my family a visit and since it's the weekend what better time than now. The real reason I'm going home to spill tea with my grandma. Not saying I don't have a close bond with my mother, but the relationship I have with my grandma is special. She'll tell me the truth, give me the best advice, and always make me smile.

As I was driving through my old neighborhood I couldn't help but smile. It had changed much from when I was growing up. I started reminiscing on the memories Preston and I made together. We started dating we sneak out in the middle of the night and go to the park and make out under the slides. But once he got a car we would sit in the parking lot and go at it like typical horny teenagers.

I turned down the street where Preston loved and say his mom outside checking the mail. "You're looking as lovely as ever Mrs. Howard.

She turned around and smiled, "Normani!"

I got out of my car and gave her a hug. "It's so nice to see you again ma'am."

"It's nice to see you. My goodness you've grown into a beautiful young woman." Mrs. Howard said.

"Thank you."

"Wait until I tell Preston that you were in the neighborhood."

I smiled and rubbed my arm, "Actually we've reconnected recently."

"Oh?"

"Yeah we're actually going against each other in court. I'm defending the bad guy, he's trying to put him away, you know how it goes." I said.

"Mmhm. It's crazy how y'all are both doing everything you said you'd be doing when y'all were younger." Mrs. Howard said.

I grinned, "Yeah just about everything.."

"Except get married and give me some grand-babies!"

"Oooh look at the time." I climbed back in my car, "I will see you at the anniversary dinner, Mrs. Howard."

"Stop playing Mani. You know you and my son were meant to be!"

I got in my car and headed around the corner to my old home. I got my things out the car and walked in the house. My parents weren't home because Saturday is their day. They go out and do cute couple things. But my grandma was home and the reason I knew she was home is because I could smell the marijuana coming from the den.

"Grandma I know better."

I walked into the living and my grandma had the blunt between her lips. She slowly took it out her mouth and put it in her little stash box. "How's my favorite grandchild?"

"I'm good grandma." I walked over to her and gave her a hug. "You look beautiful. What's your secret?"

"Weed." Grandma said.

"Now grandma."

"It is. A blunt a day keeps the stress away." Grandma said.

"I'm not even gonna question it. I'm gonna fix myself a cup of coffee because I have something to tell you." I said.

"I'll be here."

I went into the kitchen and started a fresh pot of coffee. While I was waiting for the coffee to brew I checked my messages and I didn't get my usual good morning text from Preston. "Hmph." I fixed my coffee and took it back into the den with my grandma. I got situation in the other recliner and took a few sips of my coffee.