Chapter Fifteen.

Victoria's POV

"Are you sure you wanna have this conversation?" I asked  

"I do."

"Victoria, you really don't wanna have this conversation with me. So I suggest you turn around and go back to the house and enjoy your day." Normani said.

"Tell me everything." I said.

"You wanna know, fine." Normani said.

We walked to the park and sat across from each other at one of the picnic tables. Here I was face to face with the woman that broken Preston's heart, about to have a conversation that I never thought I would have.

"I love Preston, with everything I have in me. We met when we were four and we were inseparable. When we got older we realized it was more than a friendship thing. He was my first everything, kiss, date, we lost our virginities to each other. We had our whole lives planned out but I broke it off. And there isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about what we could've been." Normani explained.

"Normani.."

"You wanted the truth so hear it is. The day I saw him in court my heartbeat was normal again. The way he looked at me...I can't describe it. We met a few times after that and it's like we never missed a beat. I still had the promise ring he gave me when we were dating and he still had his too. I gave it back to him because it hurts carrying that memory around my neck. The night of the anniversary did it for me, you guys looked so happy together and I realized that we'd never be. So I cut him off because I couldn't let my heart be broken anymore. Now he's a happy man with a baby on the way. You wanted to the truth, there it is." Normani said.

I cleared my throat because I could feel a lump forming in it. But I helped myself together and put on my best face even though my heart was a bit broken. "Did you guys sleep together?" I asked.

"It never went further than a kiss." Normani said.

"He started acting strange shortly after the dinner and I couldn't figure it out. Now I know why. It was you." I said.

"But you don't have to worry about me, I've made my peace with the situation, well part of it." Normani said.

"What part haven't you made peace with?" I asked.

"The reason I broke up with him." Normani said.

I looked up and saw Preston walking towards us. "Here he comes."

Normani looked back then looked at me, "I was supposed to have his baby, but that didn't happen."

"You had a.."

Normani nodded and got up from the table, "Best of luck to you guys." She walked right past Preston and went on about her business.

I got up from the table and walked towards Preston. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my forehead. "I'm mad you disappeared without telling me."

"I'm sorry babe, I just needed a break from your mama." I said.

"Mmhm." Preston leaned down and kissed me on the forehead. "What were you and Normani talking about?"

"Girl stuff." I said.

Preston shrugged and we started walking back to the house. When we got back to the house we went up to his room. He fell asleep, I stayed up thinking about the information that Normani had just told me. I could see it in her eyes that she still wanted to be with Preston. It's hard for me to tell if Preston still feels the same about her.