Chapter Twenty-Three.

Preston's POV

New year means new beginnings. But for me it means closing a chapter of my life. Things have finally sped up in the courthouse and I'm able to finalize my divorce. It has been a stressful process nonetheless. Trying to come to some form of an agreement about the baby and finances. But after plenty of heated discussion we reached common ground.

I got to the lawyers office early because I want to get this over with a soon as possible. Victoria came in and took a seat across from me.

"Preston.."

"Victoria.."

I sighed and crossed my leg, Victoria sat back and rubbed her belly. She was four months and she was really starting to show now.

"How's the baby?" I asked.

"The baby is fine. We find out what we're having next month." Victoria said.

"I'm excited about that." I said.

"I'm hoping for a girl." Victoria said.

I smiled slightly, "And I hoping for a boy. Whatever we have I just want it to be healthy."

"At least we're can agree on that." Victoria said.

Our lawyers came in and wasted no time starting the process. We went over the agreement one more to make sure these we agreed on. We signed our documents and it was over.

"You guys are now divorced and you should receive your divorce decrees within the next few days."

Victoria and I got up from the table and walked to the elevator. I felt a sense of relief knowing that I was a free man again. But there was a part of me that felt bad. I literally left my ex-wife during her pregnancy. This is the time she should be stress free and I know this divorce added a lot of stress on her.

But I don't regret my decision at all.

"How have you been?" Victoria asked.

"I'm cool." I said.

"Preston I heard about your father and I know how you are when it comes to him. How are you really doing?" She asked.

"Sometimes it keeps me up at night. Anytime my phone rings in the middle of the night I'm afraid it's that phone call. Lately it's gotten him down pretty bad, but he's fighting it though." I said.

I cleared my throat and quickly wiped my eyes because tears were starting to form. "If we do have a son, I'd like for Grady to be in his name, please."

"We can do that." Victoria said.

We stepped outside and looked at each other for a moment. "So I guess this is it?" I asked.

"I guess so." Victoria said.

"If you need anything I'm a phone call away." I said.

"See you at the next doctor visit." Victoria said.

~Later That Night
Normani's POV

"Why am I still watching this?" I asked myself

Dinah suggested I watch the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy and so far I'm not impressed. The first one was trash and now I'm watching the second. It's at the part where Christian is spoiling Anna by getting her all cute for this party they have to go to. He pulled this little silver thing out his pocket and told her to bend over.

Where that little toy went is a mystery. They got to the party, there was some flirting then they snuck off upstairs. Christian took her dress off and tied her hands behind her back with his bowtie. Then he spanked her before having sex with her.