Chpt 6~truth

The past week had been a struggle for Eddie, mainly at school.

The sunday after the incident happened at the sleepover was normal, Eddie didn't go out anywhere. Well, not like he got the chance to anyway. His mom told him to spend the next couple days at home so he didn't go into school on Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday had passed quickly, but Eddie tried his hardest to avoid the losers. In class, he barely spoke to them. At lunch, he sat in the bathroom alone and none of the losers came to see if he was in there. Well, not until Thursday..

"Eddie?"

Eddie was sat alone in the toilet stall eating his lunch until he heard a familiar voice, it was Stan's. "What?"

"Eddie, come out of the stall. Speak to me dude," requested Stan. Eddie would've said no but he could trust Stan, he did feel like he needed to speak to someone. So, he decided to open the door and let Stan give him a tight hug.

"What's up? You've been avoiding us since the sleepover," Stan asked as he pulled away from the hug. "You can talk to me."

"Well i wasn't really avoiding you guys on Sunday and Monday, my mum wouldn't let me go out because i was sick," he lied. Well, he didn't lie about the fact his mom didn't let him out, the lie was that he was sick.

"Right well that doesn't explain why you've been avoiding us at school."

"I just.. Feel out of it but i think i'll be fine tomorrow. Yes, i know i'll be fine tomorrow," Eddie spoke confidently. "I just needed to be alone for the recent couple of days."

"Okay well, i'm glad you're okay. Hope you feel better from when you was sick." This made a wave of guilt wash over Eddie's body as Stan was comforting him. Stan was comforting him about something that Eddie was lying about. "Uhm, yeah. Thanks."

The two boys had one more hug until they heard the bell ring to signal that it was time for their last class of the day.

Stan then spoke up, "Oh uhm, not to put any pressure on or anything. I have a question."

Oh no. Was Stan about to confront him about his lies. Did Stan know about why Eddie really ran out of the closet on Saturday night? "Uhm. What is it?"

"Are you going to the party tomorrow night?"

"Oh uhhh, are you?"

"Yeah i was planning to, seen as it's the first party that we've been invited to. But, i won't go if you're not going."

"Oh uh, i'm going. Just please stay with me all night." Stan nodded as Eddie quickly picked up his bag and the two boys went to escape the bathroom. "By the way, is everybody else going?" Eddie questioned.

"Yeah, you'll have all of us to be there for you if you feel overwelmed," Stan informed as he ruffled his hand through Eddie's hair which made him laugh. Eddie was so glad he had friends like them, he just wish it would never change.

But, it will change soon. Although, none of them was aware of it..