Chpt 18~ignoring

Eddie and Ben were sat in the library, working on some calculus. Eddie had told him that it was just to get some peace and quiet but it was mainly because he didn't want to bump into that boy who touched his ass. Or Richie, Belch, Victor and Connor.

"Algebra or brackets?"

Eddie then got taken out of his daydreaming at Ben holding up two books in front of his face. One read 'algebra' and the other read 'brackets'.

"Algebra but i'm fine now, don't need any more revising," Eddie replied.

"We've been doing this for only 5 minutes Eddie, don't you want a good score?" Eddie shrugged before he suddenly felt a hand touch his shoulder, it startled him a little.

He turned up to face Beverly, she was giving a soft smile but it looks like a sympathetic smile. "Hey guys," she greeted. "Eds, can i speak to you?" she turned to face Eddie who nervously nodded.

She walked round the side to hide behind a bookshelf, Eddie followed after her.

"Eds, why have you suddenly stopped wearing shorts?"

Eddie's shot up at her in a confused way, he replied bluntly, "weathers been getting colder."

"You don't need to lie to me." She gently placed her hand on Eddie's shoulder and shot him a smile, he smiled back to her but moved his shoulder to signal her to remove her hand. "Who told you?"

"Don't worry about that part, why didn't you tell me?"

"Because it's not a big deal," he shrugged as he let his eyes wonder around the room. He began to pretend to be interested in a few books to avoid the conversation with the girl. But unluckily for him, she wasn't that dumb.

"Yes it is Eddie, that boy touched your-"

"Stop," Eddie quickly interrupted while finally facing to look at the girl.

"Stop what?"

"Acting like my mother, you're so overprotective over me because i'm like some weak boy. I'm not. I can handle shit on my own." Beverly stayed quiet, her eyes widened at the thought of her acting like his mother. She felt guilty but also distraught over what Eddie thought of her as. "I'm not, i'm just trying to be there for you," she convinced.

Eddie gave her a quick smile before replying, "i know you're only trying to be a good friend but i wouldn't like to be reminded of it right now."

Bev just nodded while giving a smile to her friend, she understood where he was coming from. "I understand Eddie."

"I'm skipping last period by the way, i just need to be alone for a while."

"Eddie Kaspbrak, skipping? Wow, didn't know he did that," she giggled, he shot her a little giggle but then stopped. He didn't say bye to her, or said that he loved her for being there for him this time. That didn't affect Bev, she knew that he needed time to calm down. But for the time being, she decided to sit with Ben for the rest of lunch.

"Hey Benny," she greeted as she sat opposite him.

"Beverly! Finally," he spoke as he closed his book and faced up to look at her. "Did you tell Bill yet?"

Her smile faded. "Not yet, i will soon though."

Meanwhile at the gate, Eddie had just jumped over the fence. It's not like it's his first time, he remembers this one time where Richie made him skip. Eddie ended up almost flashing in front of Richie.

But then the second time he did it, it was with Bev and Richie. He was fine with the jumping over the gate part, he was just worried that his mom would find out.

But now, he did it with no problem. He was trying his best to stay un noticed but he wasn't worrying as much as he normally would, he just needed some peace and quiet.

But the peace instantly dropped as he heard a voice yell at him from behind.

"Eddie Kaspbrak.."

It sounded exactly like Belch's voice. Shit..