Chpt 13~ nightmares

Trigger warning⚠️
*homophobic slur*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There they were. The two boys laying beside each other. Richie was already asleep but Eddie on the other hand, he couldn't get to sleep.

Eddie was laid comfortably down next to Richie who was slightly snoring, although it just sounded like heavy breathes.

Eddie felt wierd, he felt wierd how he was just staring at Richie's face. Everything about his face. All the 'so-called-flaws'.

Eddie stared at the freckles that were dotted around his cheeks and nose. He looked at his nose that slightly moved up and down every time Richie let out a breathe. Eddie also couldn't keep his eyes off of Richie's curls that dangled down to slightly cover his forehead, he loved the curls. Eddie always wished he got curls like Richie's but he can't, he liked his hair also.

But then, he heard Richie begin to make noises, like he was saying something.

He was having a dream.

"You're bi?" Eddie questioned Richie while they were both at the quarry. They planned on having a swim but instead, Richie wanted to come out to him.

"Yes.. I am bi," Richie responded.

"You're a fairy, you're a faggot, you're a four-eyed faggot," Eddie spat out. Richie couldn't help but let the tears drop down from his eyes. He couldn't believe it.

"Wha-"

"You like boys?! Disgusting!"

"You're not going to support your best friend?"

"My mother taught me better! She taught me that liking the same gender was bad. I believe her. Fag!"

Richie began to walk away from the small boy who just kept getting closer. His fists were tightly squished as if he was going to swing for him at any moment.

He did.

Eddie lifted his fists and then rushed towards Richie.. He punched him, Eddie punched him.

The punch was strong, it made Richie stumble down until he felt his feet leave the floor. He had fallen down, he was falling down this moment.

Richie was still falling down, soon to hit his back hard on the water surface.

"Wake up! Richie.. Wake u-"

Richie instantly opened his eyes to meet his with Eddie's, he was sweating. His palm of his hands were sweating also. Richie brought his body up so he was sitting upright and pulled Eddie into a tight hug, it was unexpected for Eddie but he hugged back.

"Eddie.. I had a nightmare," he confessed.

"It's okay Rich, you're okay now," Eddie spoke calmly as they were both still in the hug, Eddie was rubbing Richie's back. "What did you have a nightmare about?"

Richie took a deep breath. He didn't want to tell Eddie, especially after him referring a gay person to a 'fairy'. But, he also didn't want to keep worrying about coming out to them. He felt guilty, that he seemed to trust Connor with that secret more than the losers.. But, Richie was feeling too much pain.

"I'm bi."

Eddie stopped and pulled away from the hug, his eyes met with Richie's. Richie looked deep into his eyes to try see an emotion that was hidden amongst them, he did. It wasn't anger, it wasn't sadness, it was disappointment.

"Richie.. You know i support, right?" Eddie realised why Richie felt so scared to say it. "What i said earlier just slipped out my mouth, i didn't mean it! I promise..."

"It's fine, the nightmare i had, I came out to you and.. You called me a fairy and a fag and a fucking four-eyed faggot. Just like Henry used to before he went to jail for murdering his father.."

Eddie eyes dropped down to his knees, he didn't want to face Richie.

Did Richie think that he would actually say those things?

"Rich, it was a nightmare! I would never say those things, never," Eddie reassured. He placed him hand on Richie's shoulder. Then, he noticed a smirk appear on Richie's face.

"Don't do too much touching Eds, you don't wanna get another boner," he joked. Eddie instantly removed his hand from his shoulder and his cheeks began to blush.

"Shut up," was all Eddie had to say. "We was having a moment."

"A moment?"

"No i meant.. Like a heart to heart with our secrets," Eddie corrected himself.

"Our secrets? I was the only one who told a secret.."

"Well i was going to tell a little secret until you ruined the vibe!" Eddie quickly got back under the covers and laid down, facing his head towards the wall.

"Eds, i was only joking. Tell me your secret."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Oh cmon, i just told you that i was bi!"

"Yeah and i support, you don't need to know the secret. Just get back in bed already, it's late." Eddie let out all in one breathe. "We don't wanna wake up late for school."

Richie decided to get back in bed and lay down, only replying with an "okay." He could hear the ignorance in Eddie's voice so he decided not to push it, he just laid there and thought until he fell asleep.

What is his secret? I need to know. Does he like secretly hate me? Wait no, that's stupid. I'll just try find out some other time..