Chpt 42~movie night [part 1]

Eddie was shaking, he couldn't understand why. It wasn't a date, but he wasn't sure whether he should dress casually or kinda nice? He was confused.

He looked over to the clock and saw that it was already half 5. Richie was coming to pick him up at 6, so he had to quickly decide what to wear. He had already showered and took all his pills, he just needed to get dressed.

He took another 5 minutes digging through his closet until he found a nice outfit to wear. It was black, ripped, skinny jeans and just a plain red top. It wasn't what he would usually wear so it would have to do.

He ran downstairs to quickly slide on his shoes as the clock hit 5:55. He wanted to be waiting outside for Richie.

His mom wasn't home, she left a note on the fridge that said she was going to be home later that night. So, Eddie just wrote something at the bottom of that note.

i'm going to bill's for a study night
i'll be back later
love you x

btw i took all my pills

Once he finished, he dropped the pen onto a desk and rushed outside to sit on his door step.

He was nervous, but they made sure he wasn't a date. He just couldn't help but keep thinking about the fact that Richie was the one who asked him to go to the movies. Just them two.

"Eds!"

Eddie was lifted out of his thoughts as he looked up and saw Richie walking up towards him.

"We're gonna walk Eds, i wanna have a chat while we're on our way there," Richie spoke as he approached the boy.

"Why can't we talk at the movies?"

"Because we'll be watching the movie silly," Richie laughed. Eddie just rolled his eyes before getting up and head up the street with Richie walking by his side.

"Sooooooo," Eddie spoke nervously. "What did u wanna talk about Rich?"

"Do you like me?"

Eddie almost choked on his own spit, Richie was being way too straight forward about this. He nervously picked at the material of his shorts and kept his eyes down at his feet while walking alone the pathway. "Yeah.. You're my best friend."

"No.. I mean, like like me?"

"Oh uh-"

"And please don't lie to me," Richie cut in quickly. "I really need the truth, you're driving me mad Eds."

"How am i driving you mad?"

"Don't worry about that, just answer my question."

Eddie hesitated before speaking. He's said that he liked Richie on a few occasions, he had no reason to lie. Besides, Richie needed the truth. He deserved the truth.

"I guess i do? Don't fucking say anything or reply, please.. I can't handle that right now," Eddie quickly spoke. He heard the slight change in breath from Richie after he spoke, he just ignored it and looked ahead of him. They were approaching the movie theatre. "Let's get some popcorn and two drinks, yeah?"

"Mhm," Richie replied bluntly. He showed no emotion.

Oh fuck," Eddie thought to himself once they entered the building. "i fucked up.."